Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

47 minutes ago, GivenToFly said:

If we want human beings to lead us you have to expect that they'll not be perfect, who is spotlessly clean?

That's a fair enough point.

However, I think it's recognised that to be fit for the role of Prime Minister, you should recognise that although you may have faults, you should try to aspire to be better. Johnson seems to make a virtue of his vices, and thinks his behaviour is funny. Sadly, many of his Tory electorate seem to indulge him in this delusion.

There can be no excuse for ignorance. The facts about Johnson's actions and what he has said are well publicised. 

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You can’t insist that your private life be kept quiet then arrange for a ‘private’ photograph to be taken then ‘leaked’ to the press.

Even the Daily Mail captions the picture as ‘Boris and the Mills & Boon Scene that takes us all for fools.

So people who arrange publicity photos should not complain when a scumbag neighbour records a row and gives it to the press?

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's a fair enough point.

However, I think it's recognised that to be fit for the role of Prime Minister, you should recognise that although you may have faults, you should try to aspire to be better. Johnson seems to make a virtue of his vices, and thinks his behaviour is funny. Sadly, many of his Tory electorate seem to indulge him in this delusion.

There can be no excuse for ignorance. The facts about Johnson's actions and what he has said are well publicised. 

anyone's private life is just that private, prime minister in waiting or not makes no odds. as long as no criminal offence is being committed .

15 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

So people who arrange publicity photos should not complain when a scumbag neighbour records a row and gives it to the press?

Correct.

Except for the fact that you spelt “public spirited” incorrectly 

You think recording people in their home is public spirited?

Forget that Boris Johnson is a dirt bag and concentrate on the fact that two scumbags (who brag on Twitter about sticking their finger up at Boris) recorded a private discussion and released it to the media.

Lower than a rat.

14 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

anyone's private life is just that private, 

When the screaming, shouting and smashing stuff is so loud that it can be clearly heard outside the home, it can no longer be classed as private. Everyone has a reasonable expectation to a right to privacy but again, when the row can be clearly heard outside the house you forfeit that right.

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

When the screaming, shouting and smashing stuff is so loud that it can be clearly heard outside the home, it can no longer be classed as private. Everyone has a reasonable expectation to a right to privacy but again, when the row can be clearly heard outside the house you forfeit that right.

i totally agree, certainly report loud noises shouting etc for someones safety, even try and find out by knocking on the door what? no answer? call the police very public spirited and correct, police arrive and say no concerns! thats where it should have ended??? but no we have someone recording it and  running to the left leaning guardian.....oohhhh i wonder why?

Edited by Borista336

1 minute ago, Borista336 said:

we have someone recording it and  running to the left leaning guardian.....oohhhh i wonder why?

Who cares?

If you don’t want to be recorded, keep your rows private. It’s not hard. 😂

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I can understand  why a foreigner especially a European with a chip on their shoulder might want to 'big up' the EU's position, but I don't get why British people wish to be  detrimental towards their own country's  position.  Your pro EU propaganda spins are always comical and remind me very much about the loyalty Comical Ali displayed towards the struggling Iraqi regime.

Charming :roll:

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I will have an open mind about are next Prime Minister's negotiations with the EU, but unlike many who post here, I hope he manages to succeed in implementing the democratic EU referendum result in order for our great  country to move on and move forward in a positive way.

Aye, that new Prime Minister democratically selected by 0.3% of the democratic people of the democratic UK :lol:

I look forward to your posts over the next 4 months :twisted:

Edited by L00b

The most important concern is Jeremy Hunts haircut, its a total **** up, even worse than Boris's!

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who cares?

so the next time you and your missus are in the throes of passion you wont mind anyone recording it then?? if you make some noise?????

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who cares?

They live in a flat.  I used to live in a flat in the city and we could hear everything.  I could hear the guy above me urinate every morning.

You don't have to be that loud to be heard by neighbours in a flat.