Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

While I think the police were right to tap on his door and make sure everything was alright - it's done and finished. He's still sidestepped most of the brexit questions with the promise of more unicorns.

Man and woman argue, as they do and no doubt as they always will. Nothing to see here, just move on.

As has been said, more important is his performance in his desire to be the PM of our Country. I think dire at best would be the word to describe it, that's when he appears on camera which is rare, very un Boris like.

So we have a remoaner and a neutered Boris to choose from (if you are a member of the Tory Party only) to get us out of the corrupt EU. It's not looking good at present is it.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

"They need us more than we need them"? Again?

Where's that facepalm emoticon?

Next you'll be waxing lyrical about your next Prime Minister's GATT24 negotiating basis and his interim period-without-a-WA :lol:

I can understand  why a foreigner especially a European with a chip on their shoulder might want to 'big up' the EU's position, but I don't get why British people wish to be  detrimental towards their own country's  position.  Your pro EU propaganda spins are always comical and remind me very much about the loyalty Comical Ali displayed towards the struggling Iraqi regime.

I will have an open mind about are next Prime Minister's negotiations with the EU, but unlike many who post here, I hope he manages to succeed in implementing the democratic EU referendum result in order for our great  country to move on and move forward in a positive way.

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

it depends on the topic. Gove taking coke is a criminal offence and needs discussing. Boris had a row with his girlfriend, and doesn't. If he'd been arrested, or there'd been an altercation where the Police had to be involved directly, then yes.

He could say they had a big row, but anything more than that is personal. It seems more concerning that he is pulling out of debates.

Don't forget Johnson also used cocaine.

Mr Johnson has made conflicting statements about his past use of cocaine.

The leading Brexiteer previously said he took cocaine at university but then also claimed he had not actually snorted the drug in a separate interview.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-cocaine-use-tory-leadership-contest-illegal-drugs-policy-a8954011.html

Edited by iansheff

Boris looks set to get the job and so we need to brace ourselves for constant woke protests and media silliness like in America with Trump. I think I'll switch my TV off for 5 years!

24 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Don't forget Johnson also used cocaine.

Mr Johnson has made conflicting statements about his past use of cocaine.

The leading Brexiteer previously said he took cocaine at university but then also claimed he had not actually snorted the drug in a separate interview.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-cocaine-use-tory-leadership-contest-illegal-drugs-policy-a8954011.html

Maybe. I don't really care what any of them did 10,20, 30 years ago, within certain bounds, whether it be Gove, Boris or Corbyn. I find the concept of microscopically investigating peoples distant past a bit pointless, personally.

If we want human beings to lead us you have to expect that they'll not be perfect, who is spotlessly clean?

15 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Maybe. I don't really care what any of them did 10,20, 30 years ago, within certain bounds, whether it be Gove, Boris or Corbyn. I find the concept of microscopically investigating peoples distant past a bit pointless, personally.

Neither do I,  you said Gove committed a criminal offence and it needs discussing, as Johnson did the same that also should be open to discussion.

Heathrow expansion is going to be awkward for him; he's going to regret being so vocally against it because he knows as PM he's got to make it happen. So get ready for the fall out from that.

Edited by GivenToFly

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

but I don't get why British people wish to be  detrimental towards their own country's  position. 

Maybe you should ask some of the 17.5 million people who voted to damage the UK economy three years ago.

In other news, after telling Emily Maitlis on the BBC debate last week that he was simply going to rehash Theresa May’s deal without the Irish backstop, Boris Johnson told Laura Kuenssberg last night that Theresa May’s deal is dead. He also said that the UK was definitely leaving the EU at Halloween when he told Emily Maitlis that it was eminently feasable.

The guy is all over the place. He is now saying that technology exists to avoid a hard border in Ireland when every person working in the field agrees that such technology is still ten to fifteen years away. When he goes to his first meeting in Brussels as Prime Minister, they are going to make mincemeat of him.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I can understand  why a foreigner especially a European with a chip on their shoulder might want to 'big up' the EU's position, but I don't get why British people wish to be  detrimental towards their own country's  position.  Your pro EU propaganda spins are always comical and remind me very much about the loyalty Comical Ali displayed towards the struggling Iraqi regime.

I will have an open mind about are next Prime Minister's negotiations with the EU, but unlike many who post here, I hope he manages to succeed in implementing the democratic EU referendum result in order for our great  country to move on and move forward in a positive way.

You are off your nut. The EU, then the states, then China,then India will take us to the cleaners. We are a small fish compared to all of them. Our strength was our financial services that will be massively weakened when we leave the single market. And what do you think tariffs will do to our manufacturers? 

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

So Boris refused to answer certain questions about his private life... So he should everyone argues with thier partners 

You can’t insist that your private life be kept quiet then arrange for a ‘private’ photograph to be taken then ‘leaked’ to the press.

Even the Daily Mail captions the picture as ‘Boris and the Mills & Boon Scene that takes us all for fools.