Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

There is no answer to getting out of Brexit- no one has it.

If we are a democracy then let the people vote again or revoke article 50 as it seems the consequences of going through Brexit is going to be more damaging.

Have just heard Jacob Rees on radio and he is still endorsing Boris- thinks no one else has what he has!

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m not talking about tunnel vision, I am talking about an increased tolerance of unacceptable views as long as the person expressing those views supports Brexit.

I'm talking about a persons views on Brexit becoming the be all and end all. Everything about them is then is either fine or wrong.

From some people, not all.

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Extraordinary.

He is actually saying that Brexit could destroy businesses, but he would go ahead with it anyway.

People have lost their minds. Totally.

If Hunt gets the job he'll find a way to fudge Brexit.

Boris now refusing to debate with Jeremy Hunt on Sky TV. 🙄

It makes sense for ‘his people’ to keep him out of the public eye but this is a month long campaign and at some time he has to break cover and outline his plans for Brexit.

Is it possible that his certainty of winning means that they think that he will still win even if he refuses to take part in anything? The problem with that strategy is that if he starts slipping in the polls he may be bounced into making an appearance as a matter of last resort which would be a total disaster if he was dragged kicking and screaming into a public debate.

I still think that he is undergoing some kind of breakdown. 

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It makes sense for ‘his people’ to keep him out of the public eye but this is a month long campaign and at some time he has to break cover and outline his plans for Brexit.

Is it possible that his certainty of winning means that they think that he will still win even if he refuses to take part in anything? The problem with that strategy is that if he starts slipping in the polls he may be bounced into making an appearance as a matter of last resort which would be a total disaster if he was dragged kicking and screaming into a public debate.

His girlfriend has more balls.

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

His non show at these events & lamentable performance when he does attend makes me wonder whether he does want the PM job....

33 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It's too soon after this weekend's shenanigans.

33 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It's hard one to read tea leaves about.

For all his theatre-grade buffoonery, I think he knows well  (i) that he's onto a loser with taking on the PM job at this time, but (ii) that the men in grey suits intent on putting him into no.10 to become the figurehead Brexit fall guy, aren't going to let him get off easily.

I'd say, expect more "shenanigans" like this past weekend, before the leadership race is out.

Standard operating procedure for political populists, long perfected by LePen senior and emulated by many since: sell platinum-grade snake oil to gain political relevance and influence, but drop a mahooosive clanger or 10 when in danger of reaching positions of responsibility and having to actually deliver the promised health benefits. Then rinse-repeat.

EDIT: or it was simply opportunistic optics, to hinder focus on his strong connections with Bannon that are currently surfacing and trending amongst the more serious, investigative journos.

Edited by L00b

22 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

From the size of that row they had, she might actually have got his!

2 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

I thought we'd had a democratic vote in 2016. I voted to remain and has a person who excepted the result even though it was not the one I wanted. This is what democracy is.

Edited by hobinfoot

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

His non show at these events & lamentable performance when he does attend makes me wonder whether he does want the PM job....

Whoever gets it is on to a hiding. It's a lose-lose, who-ever does it and however they handle it.

Edited by Voice of reason

6 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Whoever gets it is on to a hiding. It's a lose-lose, who-ever does it and however they handle it.

Perfect for Johnson then

One thing we often hear about Johnson is that he is an upbeat politician who can sell a bright vision of Britain’s future to both the Conservative party and the country as a whole.

He seems to be anything but at the moment. 😶