Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

23 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I don't like Johnson at all but this all too convenient and smacks of a set up to smear his name. I read this morning that if he is voted the new leader there could be a vote of no confidence  being called for in the first 24 hours of him being named PM.

There are obviously some dirty tricks happening both against Boris and the Tory Party.  All those viewers selected by the BBC to ask questions in the leadership debate have been proved not to be all average people with no political allegiance or agenda.  Emily Maitlis challenged Boris Johnson more than double the times she challenged any of the other participants.  There are too many posters on this forum who don't have an open mind and want to believe the worse about Boris and the Tory Party.

14 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

After that its hopeful speculation that it has some more sinister element.

Helped massively by Johnson’s repeated refusal to give an innocent explanation.

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

There are obviously some dirty tricks happening both against Boris and the Tory Party.  All those viewers selected by the BBC to ask questions in the leadership debate have been proved not to be all average people with no political allegiance or agenda.  Emily Maitlis challenged Boris Johnson more than double the times she challenged any of the other participants.  There are too many posters on this forum who don't have an open mind and want to believe the worse about Boris and the Tory Party.

Why is it obvious? If it's obvious, Boris can call it out as fake news, get the tape played, but he isn't doing that is he. The BBC could have got a load of Tories in and they could have asked the same questions, but you're playing the man not the ball. At a Tory hustings yesterday, former Tory member/journo was booed for asking him questions he didn't like.

You don't want him questioned. You want a coronation, no, you want a dictatorship. All for brexit, the sovereignty you claim to want you actually want to bin so Boris gets his lying arse into number 10. Silence dissenters, it's a really worrying development.

48 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It wouldn't be a surprise if  someone with an agenda conspired with others to  make complaints to the police at the same time against a neighbour.

You keep banging on about an agenda without any hint of irony given your own blindingly obvious agenda.

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There are too many posters on this forum who don't have an open mind and want to believe the worse about Boris and the Tory Party.

That's because he's already proved what an utter lying duplicitous git he is.

Did he **** millions up the wall on Boris buses? Yes

Did he **** millions up the wall on a garden bridge? Yes

Did he event quotes that got him sacked from a newspaper? Yes

Did he offer to provide the personal details of a journalist so his friend could beat him up? Yes

Did he lie to Michael Howard about an affair? Yes

When foriegn secretary did his blustering lies lead to Iran still imprisoning a British citizen? Yes

Does he give a flying toss about anybody except himself? No

And that's not even touching on his drug taking philandering restaurant trashing ******* on homeless people time at the Bulingdon Club.

But, yeah OK, lets have an open mind about him.

33 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

The shouting, banging, crashing was probably real, I'm fairly sure. After that its hopeful speculation that it has some more sinister element.

Hopeful speculation?

Nope. 

You surely understand that by evading questions Johnson and his team are making things worse.

He could just clear everything up couldn’t he.

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

You keep banging on about an agenda without any hint of irony given your own blindingly obvious agenda.

I am a Tory Party supporter. I voted to remain in the EU but i am now in favour of Brexit because that is the democratic wish of the majority.  The only way our country can move forward is for Brexit to be implemented and a pro Brexit Prime Minister is more likely to achieve that.  A month ago I thought Boris would struggle to get enough support from Tory MPs to make the final two candidates.  The European Election results and the Peterborough  by-election result have helped Boris because the Tory Party see him as the best leader to beat Corbyn in the next General Election.  Boris got over half the support of Tory MPs  and it would not be good for the Tory Party if the candidate with less than a quarter support from MPs became their new leader. 

24 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There you go again with others’ agendas when you have the most obvious agenda going.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

I am a Tory Party supporter. I voted to remain in the EU but i am now in favour of Brexit because that is the democratic wish of the majority.  The only way our country can move forward is for Brexit to be implemented and a pro Brexit Prime Minister is more likely to achieve that.  A month ago I thought Boris would struggle to get enough support from Tory MPs to make the final two candidates.  The European Election results and the Peterborough  by-election result have helped Boris because the Tory Party see him as the best leader to beat Corbyn in the next General Election.  Boris got over half the support of Tory MPs  and it would not be good for the Tory Party if the candidate with less than a quarter support from MPs became their new leader. 

So you have an agenda to protect the party you support. Even it seems at the expense of belittling the seriousness of domestic violence, and the rights of concerned citizens to make reports to the police.

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

There you go again with others’ agendas when you have the most obvious agenda going.

I am only stating facts.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am only stating facts.

Not really. You’re just trying to spin everything to portray the Tories as positively as possible despite the appalling nature of recent events.

I get that. I understand why you’re doing it but you should expect to be challenged when you start spinning furiously out of control.

Edited by I1L2T3

11 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

So you have an agenda to protect the party you support. Even it seems at the expense of belittling the seriousness of domestic violence, and the rights of concerned citizens to make reports to the police.

The Police have looked into this case, there was no domestic violence, the Police are happy to leave it be. Nothing to see here, move on.

Angel1.

7 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The Police have looked into this case, there was no domestic violence, the Police are happy to leave it be. Nothing to see here, move on.

Angel1.

Well, actually there is something.

If you have an argument so loud and so violent that it can be heard from the street and from neighbouring properties then your right to privacy over the matter is gone. Completely gone. If you expect to be PM then you should be open to answering any questions raised about your conduct.

And, don’t make a mistake about me suggesting Johnson was the instigator of the violence. Quite possibly the smashing plates and glasses were being directed at him. He might actually be the victim, and in that case would we want his possibly unstable partner living in No 10?

He should just answer the questions. Simple.