Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You and your ilk are ruining our country. If we are at the point where somebodys politics must be brought out abd dissected before they're allowed to ring about potential domestic abuse we are on avery slippy slope.

2 women a week are killed through domestic abuse, but let's not ring the police if we hear anything and see if we can hit 4 by October 31st, just in case. It's odd that a woman in sash can be man handled because "she might have had a knife/gun/explosives" but we shouldn't ring if we hear a blazing row and the woman yells "get off me" because, well, it's Boris. Does that go for everyone? 

Besides, he could have actually answers questions about it and hand waved it off in that typical Boris way but he's not.

Its valid to question witnesses of potential abuse when they contact the Guardian about it!

13 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You and your ilk are ruining our country. If we are at the point where somebodys politics must be brought out abd dissected before they're allowed to ring about potential domestic abuse we are on avery slippy slope.

2 women a week are killed through domestic abuse, but let's not ring the police if we hear anything and see if we can hit 4 by October 31st, just in case. It's odd that a woman in sash can be man handled because "she might have had a knife/gun/explosives" but we shouldn't ring if we hear a blazing row and the woman yells "get off me" because, well, it's Boris. Does that go for everyone? 

Besides, he could have actually answers questions about it and hand waved it off in that typical Boris way but he's not.

Excuse me, people like me are not ruining our country but people like you who still don't respect the  democratic EU referendum result and have a negative outlook towards Brexit are ruining our country.

Boris hasn't been charged with any offence after the Police visited the flat so your domestic abuse comment is irrelevant. Boris isn't my first choice to be our next Prime Minister, but we are where we are because of the failure to implement Brexit.  If Brexit had been implemented and there wasn't a threat of Corbyn becoming Prime Minister then my choice to be Prime Minister out of the two candidates would be Jeremy Hunt.  Our country won't move on until Brexit is implemented which is why Boris is the best person to become our next Prime Minister at this time in our country's history.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Don't build your hopes up.  Boris is going to be our country's next Prime Minister.

Hopefully 😊

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Excuse me, people like me are not ruining our country but people like you who still don't respect the  democratic EU referendum result and have a negative outlook towards Brexit are ruining our country.

Boris hasn't been charged with any offence after the Police visited the flat so your domestic abuse comment is irrelevant. Boris isn't my first choice to be our next Prime Minister, but we are where we are because of the failure to implement Brexit.  If Brexit had been implemented and there wasn't a threat of Corbyn becoming Prime Minister then my choice to be Prime Minister out of the two candidates would be Jeremy Hunt.  Our country won't move on until Brexit is implemented which is why Boris is the best person to become our next Prime Minister at this time in our country's history.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't implement brexit or I'm not respecting the referendum. Prove I've said it on this thread or withdraw it.

He wasn't charged but the police should have been called to find out what was happening. Just because he's got all the brexit answers (He's lying about that though, you know that don't you?) doesnt give him a free ride to let him behave how he wants with no questions or scrutiny. That's a road to a totalitarian state 

38 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'm not saying that we shouldn't implement brexit or I'm not respecting the referendum. Prove I've said it on this thread or withdraw it.

He wasn't charged but the police should have been called to find out what was happening. Just because he's got all the brexit answers (He's lying about that though, you know that don't you?) doesnt give him a free ride to let him behave how he wants with no questions or scrutiny. That's a road to a totalitarian state 

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted other comments  and views you have made on other threads regarding Brexit. I don't know if Boris is lying and neither do you.  I have no prejudices towards Boris or any prejudices against the implementation of Brexit. 

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Do you mean based on this incident or anyway?

Do you think this incident is a real thing, or a slightly convenient storm?

I mean this in the context of everything that we know about Johnson - his actions, his opinions, his statements, and by people that know him. It is also based on the findings of the You Gov survey which found that Tory members would gladly see the economy trashed and the union of the UK broken, just to get their lousy Brexit.

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted other comments  and views you have made on other threads regarding Brexit. I don't know if Boris is lying and neither do you.  I have no prejudices towards Boris or any prejudices against the implementation of Brexit. 

But we do know that he has made a habit of lying in the past. It cost him his job at the Times, it cost him his job at the Telegraph, and it cost him his position on the shadow front bench when Michael Howard was leader of the Tory Party.

32 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I mean this in the context of everything that we know about Johnson - his actions, his opinions, his statements, and by people that know him. It is also based on the findings of the You Gov survey which found that Tory members would gladly see the economy trashed and the union of the UK broken, just to get their lousy Brexit.

But we do know that he has made a habit of lying in the past. It cost him his job at the Times, it cost him his job at the Telegraph, and it cost him his position on the shadow front bench when Michael Howard was leader of the Tory Party.

Do you know who else thinks Boris is lying, well stating something that isn't true? Liam Fox. He's a big fan of brexit - easiest deal in human history he said. Well it looks like the effects of the brexit coolade are starting wear off.

BBC News - Liam Fox criticises Boris Johnson's Brexit plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48736975

4 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Truth is, nobody knows what actually happend.

Lots of usual suspects will try to use the story to insuate very bad things about him.

That could be true, it could also be a very vocal argument - gossip worthy and nothing else.

So, obviously some people will hype it to the max, others will play it down. Both sets having agendas.

I thought they did it on the doorstep. Don't know the legality then. It's a recording from in your own home, of someone in theirs. Lots of legal ifs and buts.....

It was audible from the street too. The legal situation is going to be way clearer that you are trying to make out.

Got a feeling sooner or later we’re going to hear that recording.

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Do you mean based on this incident or anyway?

Do you think this incident is a real thing, or a slightly convenient storm?

It’s obviously real. The police had three separate calls. One from a passer-by in the street

47 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s obviously real. The police had three separate calls. One from a passer-by in the street

It wouldn't be a surprise if  someone with an agenda conspired with others to  make complaints to the police at the same time against a neighbour.

I don't like Johnson at all but this all too convenient and smacks of a set up to smear his name. I read this morning that if he is voted the new leader there could be a vote of no confidence  being called for in the first 24 hours of him being named PM.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

It was audible from the street too. The legal situation is going to be way clearer that you are trying to make out.

Got a feeling sooner or later we’re going to hear that recording.

The shouting, banging, crashing was probably real, I'm fairly sure. After that its hopeful speculation that it has some more sinister element.

25 minutes ago, iansheff said:

but this all too convenient and smacks of a set up to smear his name. 

A set up? Really?

So why is he refusing to talk about it?

Why hasn’t he reported the neighbour to the police for using the 999 service to make a false call?

Why isn’t he demanding that The Guardian releases the alleged recording.

Why isn’t he instructing his solicitors to issue civil proceedings for slander against his neighbours?