Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

5 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Does nobody here ever have arguments with their partners? It's pretty standard in homes up and down the country.

My neighbours were going at it hammer & tongs last night so I recorded the argument & as a responsible member of society, I've informed The Star. 

I call the police about next Thursday. 

The incident is not going to have any  effect on the outcome of the Tory leadership election.  The Tory membership is not going to alter their voting intentions because a Remainer leftist anti-Boris couple rang up the police to make a complaint about Boris.  We can expect more dirty tricks over the next few weeks from those who still don't respect the democratic 2016 EU referendum result..

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The incident is not going to have any  effect on the outcome of the Tory leadership election.  The Tory membership is not going to alter their voting intentions because a Remainer leftist anti-Boris couple rang up the police to make a complaint about Boris.  We can expect more dirty tricks over the next few weeks from those who still don't respect the democratic 2016 EU referendum result..

Not according to the Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-poll-girlfriend-row-police-hustings-public-opinion-a8970806.html

Oh I'm sure he will. Doesn't say much about the judgement of character of the salivating loonies who people the Tory party

Edited by Mister M

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I was reading the i newspaper yesterday & there were pieces on both Johnson & Hunt. 

Neither are whiter than white, we've just not got around to dragging up some of Hunt's former indiscretions. 

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

because a Remainer leftist anti-Boris couple rang up the police to make a complaint about Boris.  

So only Brexiteers are now allowed to report things to the police?

That has got to be one of the more bonkers things that you have come out with. And by the way, he didn’t make a complaint about Boris, he rang the police after hearing raised voices, things being smashed and a woman shouting ‘Get off me!’ And this was only after three attempts to knock on the front door to find out if she was alright. 

Are you really suggesting that in this post-Trump, post-Brexit world, we should walk by on the other side of the road when we hear a woman in danger. 

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Oh I'm sure he will. Doesn't say much about the judgement of character of the salivating loonies who people the Tory party

The people who disrespected the 2016 democratic EU result the most are to blame for putting Boris in pole position to be our country's next Prime Minister because Brexit hasn't  been implemented.  The Tory membership are always going to choose the pro Brexit candidate on the ballot paper regardless of who that is after the Tory MPs  decided the identity of that person.

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So only Brexiteers are now allowed to report things to the police?

That has got to be one of the more bonkers things that you have come out with. And by the way, he didn’t make a complaint about Boris, he rang the police after hearing raised voices, things being smashed and a woman shouting ‘Get off me!’ And this was only after three attempts to knock on the front door to find out if she was alright. 

Are you really suggesting that in this post-Trump, post-Brexit world, we should walk by on the other side of the road when we hear a woman in danger. 

Hilarious.  The complainants have been discredited for obvious reasons.  Only the Tory Membership will decide who our next Prime Minister is and there is no logical reason why pro Brexit Tory members will change their voting intention.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Off the subject slightly, am I the only one who gets the impression that Johnson is slowly going off the rails?

He hasn’t looked comfortable on the few recent occasions where he has appeared in public and couldn’t wait to get off the stage in Birmingham yesterday. The irony is that Johnson is a Remainer who only ’changed sides’ to appeal to the crackpot wing of the Tory party in the event of a challenge for party leadership. I bet he never thought in a million years that he would have to face the reality of that decision. I think he is pooping it at the prospect of having to sort out the mess that is Brexit. George Osborne made an interesting comment last week the Johnson is actually the most likely of the leadership candidates to call for a second referendum once he realised what an impossible position he has found himself in.

Either way, his leadership is likely to do serious damage to the Tory party. 😀👍

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Off the subject slightly, am I the only one who gets the impression that Johnson is slowly going off the rails?

He hasn’t looked comfortable on the few recent occasions where he has appeared in public and couldn’t wait to get off the stage in Birmingham yesterday. The irony is that Johnson is a Remainer who only ’changed sides’ to appeal to the crackpot wing of the Tory party in the event of a challenge for party leadership. I bet he never thought in a million years that he would have to face the reality of that decision. I think he is pooping it at the prospect of having to sort out the mess that is Brexit. George Osborne made an interesting comment last week the Johnson is actually the most likely of the leadership candidates to call for a second referendum once he realised what an impossible position he has found himself in.

Either way, his leadership is likely to do serious damage to the Tory party. 😀👍

You can live in hope.

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The people who disrespected the 2016 democratic EU result the most are to blame for putting Boris in pole position to be our country's next Prime Minister because Brexit hasn't  been implemented.  The Tory membership are always going to choose the pro Brexit candidate on the ballot paper regardless of who that is after the Tory MPs  decided the identity of that person.

Hilarious.  The complainants have been discredited for obvious reasons.  Only the Tory Membership will decide who our next Prime Minister is and there is no logical reason why pro Brexit Tory members will change their voting intention.

You and your ilk are ruining our country. If we are at the point where somebodys politics must be brought out abd dissected before they're allowed to ring about potential domestic abuse we are on avery slippy slope.

2 women a week are killed through domestic abuse, but let's not ring the police if we hear anything and see if we can hit 4 by October 31st, just in case. It's odd that a woman in sash can be man handled because "she might have had a knife/gun/explosives" but we shouldn't ring if we hear a blazing row and the woman yells "get off me" because, well, it's Boris. Does that go for everyone? 

Besides, he could have actually answers questions about it and hand waved it off in that typical Boris way but he's not.

43 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Do you mean based on this incident or anyway?

Do you think this incident is a real thing, or a slightly convenient storm?