Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

2 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Does nobody here ever have arguments with their partners? It's pretty standard in homes up and down the country.

Though is it normal to do so in a way which makes a number of neighbours call the police?

I was watching BBC Breakfast and apparently this couple have a Twitter history laden with anti Tory tweets.

I used to live in a flat and I would hear people argue fairly regularly.  That's a part of living in a flat.  I never called the police.  I also never recorded people in other flats.

It is obvious that there is an agenda to this, and the couple should be named.

Bojo is still a fool though.

14 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I was watching BBC Breakfast and apparently this couple have a Twitter history laden with anti Tory tweets.

I used to live in a flat and I would hear people argue fairly regularly.  That's a part of living in a flat.  I never called the police.  I also never recorded people in other flats.

Here you go,

"Her argument with the PM-hopeful, 55, was reported to the police by Remainer couple Tom Penn, 30, and wife Eve Leigh, 34, who live in the flat above and were listening through the walls. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7170867/Carrie-Symonds-scared-home-recorded-political-stich-neighbours.html

10 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Not so much a fool that he realizes he's not up to the job. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's crossed my mind that he may have contrived this whole scenario. 

Tory Press now getting behind Hunt, even they realise Pfeffel isn't up to it.

Ive seen snippets of his interview with Iain Dale and im sure   Pfeffel was playing a role, acting out, nobody could be so bad or inept.

33 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

Though is it normal to do so in a way which makes a number of neighbours call the police?

That would depend on, say, any financial and/or political motivations that may or may not exist. Police said there was no crime so it was only a loud argument, which happens in most households from time to time, especially during times of stress, like applying for a new job for example.

A pound to a penny that Johnson will withdraw from the contest, he'll find some spurious excuse to save face, eg " I don't want this much intrusion into my private life" " it's not fair to expose my partner to this..." etc

is it offence to record  a conversation without the  knowledge of the other party?

AND to publish it.

Is it an  an invasion of privacy?

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Not so much a fool that he realizes he's not up to the job. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's crossed my mind that he may have contrived this whole scenario. 

Tory Press now getting behind Hunt, even they realise Pfeffel isn't up to it.

Ive seen snippets of his interview with Iain Dale and im sure   Pfeffel was playing a role, acting out, nobody could be so bad or inept.

He does deliberately act out roles. There are many versions of him. 

That should ring alarm bells. 

I don’t think it will stop members voting for him. Besides, I’m not sure they’ll be happy that their chance to vote for a leader is bypassed twice on the trot.

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

A pound to a penny that Johnson will withdraw from the contest, he'll find some spurious excuse to save face, eg " I don't want this much intrusion into my private life" " it's not fair to expose my partner to this..." etc

Your confusing Boris with Chukka.  There is more chance Jeremy Hunt will withdraw from the contest.

57 minutes ago, davyboy said:

is it offence to record  a conversation without the  knowledge of the other party?

AND to publish it.

Is it an  an invasion of privacy?

Actually no.  Not if it was recorded in a public space or place you have a right to be in as this person was. 

Also he didn’t publish it. 

Edited by ez8004

17 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I don’t think it will stop members voting for him. Besides, I’m not sure they’ll be happy that their chance to vote for a leader is bypassed twice on the trot.

Please God let this be the case

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Your confusing Boris with Chukka.  There is more chance Jeremy Hunt will withdraw from the contest.

No I'm not. Chukka is a sincere non opportunistic politician. 

Lets hope Jeremy does.

Unfortunately the mysterious men in grey suits won't let him, he's the Tories only hope now.

Edited by Ridgewalk