Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

We if Boris gets in he's made some big claims on how he'll deal with Brexit so will be interesting to see what happens if he gets in

14 minutes ago, L00b said:

That doesn’t surprise in me in the least 😂

So, that’s 26% of “the people”.

What about the 74% balance, do you think? 

I don't know where you have got these figures from or the relevance of them.  The only figures which matter if you respect democracy are the 52% who voted to leave in the 2016 EU referendum which  made leave the winning choice  because the majority  voted for that binary option.

After the withdrawal agreement had been rejected three times by our Parliamentary Democracy our country should have left the EU without a deal on 29th March which was the default legal default position our Parliamentary Democracy agreed to when they passed legislation to trigger Article 50 by a big margin.  The only reason why Boris has got into the pole position of being our next Prime Minister is because our Parliamentary  Democracy have practised  backsliding rather than implement the choice they gave their own people to make on 23rd June 2016.  I supported Mrs May when she became Prime Minister and will support Boris Johnson when he becomes Prime Minister and hope he manages to implement the democratic wishes the majority voted for on 23rd June 2016  which Mrs May failed to do.

I think the same people who have never respected the democratic decision the majority made will continue to behave in exactly the same manner they have done since 24th June 2016 regardless of how successful  Boris is when he becomes our new Prime Minister.

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't see the relevance in your latest comedic ramblings.

Boris Johnson will be judged to be a successful Prime Minister by many especially from the 17.4 million who voted to leave the EU,  if the UK leave the EU on 31st October without a deal which is the default legal position.  Whatever Boris does won't be supported by those people who have no respect for democracy and continue to seek to block the implementation of the 2016 EU referendum result.

Are you suggesting 17.4m were happy to vote for a no deal in 2016?  Or do you think a significant number of those expected a deal that farage, Johnson, Davies etc etc all promised but couldn’t deliver? I’d bet a fair chunk of those 17.4m don’t want no deal at all. 

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't know where you have got these figures from or the relevance of them.  The only figures which matter if you respect democracy are the 52% who voted to leave in the 2016 EU referendum which  made leave the winning choice  because the majority  voted for that binary option.

After the withdrawal agreement had been rejected three times by our Parliamentary Democracy our country should have left the EU without a deal on 29th March which was the default legal default position our Parliamentary Democracy agreed to when they passed legislation to trigger Article 50 by a big margin.  The only reason why Boris has got into the pole position of being our next Prime Minister is because our Parliamentary  Democracy have practised  backsliding rather than implement the choice they gave their own people to make on 23rd June 2016.  I supported Mrs May when she became Prime Minister and will support Boris Johnson when he becomes Prime Minister and hope he manages to implement the democratic wishes the majority voted for on 23rd June 2016  which Mrs May failed to do.

I think the same people who have never respected the democratic decision the majority made will continue to behave in exactly the same manner they have done since 24th June 2016 regardless of how successful  Boris is when he becomes our new Prime Minister.

You'll be very disappointed then as he will still have the same issues as may and no magic wand, he is not Harry potter

Edited by melthebell

Whatever happens, there's now nearly a month til they select one.

That's another month closer to October 31st with nothing constructive happening.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you suggesting 17.4m were happy to vote for a no deal in 2016?  Or do you think a significant number of those expected a deal that farage, Johnson, Davies etc etc all promised but couldn’t deliver? I’d bet a fair chunk of those 17.4m don’t want no deal at all. 

We don't know do we. There should be a vote on wether we accept the deal may negotiated or leave without. There shouldn't be a vote on wether to leave, we've done that.

Unfortunately a new Tory leader will change nothing unless something drastic  happens.

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

We don't know do we. There should be a vote on wether we accept the deal may negotiated or leave without. There shouldn't be a vote on wether to leave, we've done that.

Unfortunately a new Tory leader will change nothing unless something drastic  happens.

Boris can’t change anything, he hasn’t got the MPs and the EU won’t budge.

Change of font on the WA maybe? Comic sans seems about right.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Boris can’t change anything, he hasn’t got the MPs and the EU won’t budge.

Change of font on the WA maybe? Comic sans seems about right.

I don't think we'll know until he's there.

TM was a remainer before, so who knows her negotiating ability with that as a background belief?

It could change something or change nothing. Often 'that's our final offer' , isn't. The £60bn bill is also a consideration.....

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

You'll be very disappointed then as he will still have the same issues as may and no magic wand, he is not Harry potter

Thank goodness the British people didn't have the same negative loser attitude you have in 1940 otherwise we would all be typing in German on the Sheffield discussion forum today.

25 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Whatever happens, there's now nearly a month til they select one.

That's another month closer to October 31st with nothing constructive happening.

You're absolutely correct.  We all know Boris will win the Tory members vote and Jeremy Hunt should act in our country's  national interest and withdraw from the leadership contest to give Boris an extra month to conduct  Brexit negotiations.

8 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Thank goodness the British people didn't have the same negative loser attitude you have in 1940 otherwise we would all be typing in German on the Sheffield discussion forum today.

sigh, here we go with the ****ing war again.........thats the problem with this country we just wont let it lie (to paraphrase vic and bob) get over it, that was over 70 years ago, the world is a different place, so are we, we are NOT world beaters anymore :rolleyes:

bringing the war up regarding tv licenses for over 75s  is old hat now too, complete and utter bobbins

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

sigh, here we go with the ****ing war again.........thats the problem with this country we just wont let it lie (to paraphrase vic and bob) get over it, that was over 70 years ago, the world is a different place, so are we, we are NOT world beaters anymore :rolleyes:

bringing the war up regarding tv licenses for over 75s  is old hat now too, complete and utter bobbins

The problem with this country is there are too many many negative losers such as yourself who have no respect for democracy.  In an ideal World Boris John son wouldn't be our country's next Prime Minister but unlike you I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds in the role of Prime Minister and implements the democratic wishes of the majority.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

The problem with this country is there are too many many negative losers such as yourself who have no respect for democracy.  In an ideal World Boris John son wouldn't be our country's next Prime Minister but unlike you I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds in the role of Prime Minister and implements the democratic wishes of the majority.

you mean the back stabbing hypocrite who changes his mind at the drop of a hat? he says things to please the crowd then changes tact when it suits him...and only him