Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There was no audience to cheer Rory Stewart on like there was during Sunday's Channel 4 debate.  The Channel 4 audience wasn't a Tory audience but a mixed audience.

I preferred the channel 4 format, it was better organised. 

Rory? Gone? I thought it would be Sajid Javid on his way out - I didn't follow his proposal for a bilateral post-brexit deal between the UK and the City of London at all. I thought we were all one happy little country. I suppose that means bye bye to Rory's downloadable paint idea. Oh well, good job I've still got half a tin of B&Q magnolia left over. Not to worry!

11 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I preferred the channel 4 format, it was better organised. 

The BBC should have used the Question Time format to have the debate.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

It isn’t wrong to state that people do not know what the outcome of voting leave will be. They can’t possibly have known.

And it’s not wrong to suggest that it is very likely to go badly, or that many of those leave voters are going to be extremely angry.

That wasn't the discussion. It stemmed from the assertion they aren't intelligent enough to vote.

16 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

That wasn't the discussion. It stemmed from the assertion they aren't intelligent enough to vote.

There was no such assertion. 

Bendix and I referred to education, and I referred to political maturity (besides an earlier post in which I’d already highlighted the case of snake oil-taken referendum voters, who had since educated themselves and seen the snake oil for what it was, ie clearly demonstrating intelligence). 

Quite the difference indeed.

But that’s how you have understood it, then got off into the distance on your high horse.

Edited by L00b

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

There was no such assertion. 

Bendix and I referred to education, and I referred to political maturity (besides an earlier post in which I’d already highlighted the case of snake oil-taken referendum voters, who had since educated themselves and seen the snake oil for what it was, ie clearly demonstrating intelligence). 

Quite the difference indeed.

But that’s how you have understood it, then got off into the distance on your high horse.

I've understood the statement "People in Switzerland are sensible and educated.  The Brits, sadly, are not." as most people would.

If the pair of you think that it's a fair statement, then that's your choice. I don't think disagreeing with it is 'going off on my high horse' . Others will make their own judgement on what you've said. You may have convinced them that you're right, but I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I've understood the statement "People in Switzerland are sensible and educated.  The Brits, sadly, are not." as most people would.

If the pair of you think that it's a fair statement, then that's your choice. I don't think disagreeing with it is 'going off on my high horse' . Others will make their own judgement on what you've said. You may have convinced them that you're right, but I doubt it.

If  you thought that statement means that Brits are unintelligent, I was right to call your understanding as biased: it just means that (in the poster’s opinion), Brits are neither sensible, nor educated (and it looks rather tongue in cheek, tbh).

It doesn’t mean they’re thick, unless you want it to mean exactly that, to then play the outrage card (as you did).

After that, reading my post makes you “glad to leave the EU”, but that is just ‘disagreeing’ with it, and not getting on your high horse?

...seems legit 🤣

Edited by L00b

10 minutes ago, L00b said:

If  you thought that statement means that Brits are unintelligent, I was right to call your understanding as biased: it just means that (in the poster’s opinion), Brits are neither sensible, nor educated (and it looks rather tongue in cheek, tbh).

It doesn’t mean they’re thick, unless you want it to mean exactly that, to then play the outrage card (as you did).

After that, reading my post makes you “glad to leave the EU”, but that is just ‘disagreeing’ with it, and not getting on your high horse?

...seems legit 🤣

This is a thread about the tory leadership, I'm not getting dragged any further into schoolground silliness.

On 18/06/2019 at 09:59, Lockdoctor said:

It's an insane poll to conduct.  Of course Conservative party members are worried about Corbyn becoming Prime Minister.

D9U47CRX4AAw2BZ?format=jpg&name=medium

It shows Tory party members happy to trash the economy, and break up the union. Selfish sods. Little wonder they're happy to see Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

But they wouldn't be happy to see Jeremy Corbyn as PM.:hihi:

That's stiffened my resolve to vote Labour at the next election. And I hope Jeremy Corbyn sends round Momentum activists to trample on their flower beds :thumbsup:

Edited by Mister M

2 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Well it absolutely is - in very concise times - exactly what the discussion is about.

The reasons why people have made their own decisions and developed their own belief systems is really just an abstraction of that. And we can of course be as nasty or as kind or as in denial as we want to be about how based in reality all of that is, for any given individual or clearly defined group.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

D9U47CRX4AAw2BZ?format=jpg&name=medium

It shows Tory party members happy to trash the economy, and break up the union. Selfish sods. Little wonder they're happy to see Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

But they wouldn't be happy to see Jeremy Corbyn as PM.:hihi:

That's stiffened my resolve to vote Labour at the next election. And I hope Jeremy Corbyn sends round Momentum activists to trample on their flower beds :thumbsup:

And in turn betray their own party, they’re called the conservative and unionist party not the conservative and little englanders party.