Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

12 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

She's the reason we're in this situation.

I disagree. The harder right of the Tory party (ERG group, DUP), the enduring absence of opposition and the lack of backbone of MPs all-around are the cumulative reasons why you’re in this situation.

Edited by L00b

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

I disagree. The harder right of the Tory party (ERG group, DUP), the enduring absence of opposition and the lack of backbone of MPs all-around are the cumulative reasons why you’re in this situation.

I'd go further and put the blame at the 17.4m who voted leave.

Own it.

14 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

England would survive the death of the Union, it would even prosper.  The Scots almost pay their way but the northern Irish drag us down. Get rid I say.

England might...but not as the 5th economic power in the world any longer; and still less so once bracketed on all corners by EU member states (I for one would very much look forward to the whole repeat of the Irish border kerfuffles, in respect of the Scottish border 😂)

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Own it.

Some of them, as typified by some posters on here, sure.

But not all of them. For example, not those who’ve looked into things/educated themselves since, got the scales off their eyes, and switched to remain beliefs. If polls are anything to go by, there’s a few millions of them by now.

Edited by L00b

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Own it.

The 17.4m can't be blamed for exercising their democratic right to choose which box to tick on a ballot paper.  Over 550 MPs voted in favour of holding the 2016 EU referendum.  I hope there will never be another referendum ever again in our country about anything. 

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The 17.4m can't be blamed for exercising their democratic right to choose which box to tick on a ballot paper.  Over 550 MPs voted in favour of holding the 2016 EU referendum.  I hope there will never be another referendum ever again in our country about anything. 

I'd have more, like they do in Switzerland.

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

You can not be serious.  

24 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Own it.

If we'd have remained and Cameron would have stayed on as PM in 2015 I think he was planning to retire in 2020 anyway, so we'd still be in the same boat.  Just perhaps with different candidates - and Boris.  Boris has always been the long term plan since way back in 2008 I think.

12 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

People in Switzerland are sensible and educated.  The Brits, sadly, are not.

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Well if we are happy to believe bull**** all the time and let it go unchallenged, yeah, we get what we deserved. 

7 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

If we'd have remained and Cameron would have stayed on as PM in 2015 I think he was planning to retire in 2020 anyway, so we'd still be in the same boat.  Just perhaps with different candidates - and Boris.  Boris has always been the long term plan since way back in 2008 I think.

If the outcome had been remain and Cameron stayed on, as you posit, do you really believe the UK and its political scene would be as polarised as they are today, with millions of people given nothing else by their daily media than ‘Brexit’ morning to evening  for the last 3 years?

The race might well still have been on. But I dare say the policy topics -and the degree of cognitive capacity on display by the pretenders- would be significantly different.

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

If the outcome had been remain and Cameron stayed on, as you posit, do you really believe the UK and its political scene would be as polarised as they are today, with millions of people given nothing else by their daily media than ‘Brexit’ morning to evening  for the last 3 years?

The race might well still have been on. But I dare say the policy topics -and the degree of cognitive capacity on display by the pretenders- would be significantly different.

I absolutely agree with you.

6 minutes ago, bendix said:

People in Switzerland are sensible and educated.  The Brits, sadly, are not.

What nonsense. Won't even begin discussing that one.