Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

Here's an extract of a letter written by Boris Johnson's housemaster at Eton to his father in 1982 - 

“Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.

I think he's characterised him rather well, don't you?

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

Johnson hasn't attended this mornings hustings in front of the press.

The Tory members surely cannot vote for a PM whose best strategy is to stay away from being questioned? Anybody halfway intelligent or sane would be able to see through this....

Rules out the Tory members then eh?

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

He's completely unfit to lead anything. That he's even being considered is emblematic of the moral bankruptcy of the Government.

Sorry you can't say Boris is unfit to lead anything because he didn't do a bad job as London Mayor.  The only reason Boris is in pole position to be our country's new Prime Minister  is because the 2016 EU  referendum  democratic result has not been implemented.  The same people who still haven't accepted the 2016 EU referendum democratic result will complain the most when Boris becomes our country's new Prime Minister. 

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

Sorry you can't say Boris is unfit to lead anything because he didn't do a bad job as London Mayor.  The only reason Boris is in pole position to be our country's new Prime Minister  is because the 2016 EU  referendum  democratic result has not been implemented.  The same people who still haven't accepted the 2016 EU referendum democratic result will complain the most when Boris becomes our country's new Prime Minister. 

Yes I can, on account of his major history of lying, his overtly racist comments and his appalling character (complicit in a conspiracy to assault a journalist.  He's interested in one thing and one thing only - furthering his own career.

11 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Yes I can, on account of his major history of lying, his overtly racist comments and his appalling character (complicit in a conspiracy to assault a journalist.  He's interested in one thing and one thing only - furthering his own career.

:thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Halibut said:

But, even if those allegations you make are true that doesn't back up your statement that Boris is unfit to lead anything because he was re-elected as Mayor of London.

12 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Why did the people of London who normally vote Labour re-elect the Tory Mayor Boris,  if  he  was only very average?

Edited by Lockdoctor

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

But, even in those allegations you make are true that doesn't back up your statement that Boris is unfit to lead anything because he was re-elected as Mayor of London.

Why did the people of London who normally vote Labour re-elect the Tory Mayor Boris,  if  he  was only very average?

Then you've got pitifully low standards.

24 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Here's an extract of a letter written by Boris Johnson's housemaster at Eton to his father in 1982 - 

“Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.

I think he's characterised him rather well, don't you?

..so nothing's changed then.

8 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Then you've got pitifully low standards.

Excuse me I haven't got pitifully low standards.  You're the one who stated Boris is unfit to run anything and I pointed out to you the people of London must have thought he was doing a good job as London Mayor otherwise they wouldn't have re-elected him.  The difference between me and you is that I haven't got prejudices , but you do have prejudices, which is why you can't debate in  a rational non prejudice manner and I can.

Edited by Lockdoctor

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Excuse me I haven't got pitifully low standards.  You're the one who stated Boris is unfit to run anything and I pointed out to you the people of London must have thought he was doing a good job as London Mayor otherwise they wouldn't have re-elected him.  The difference between me and you is that I haven't got prejudices , but you do have prejudices which is why you can't debate in  rational manner and I can.

I stand by what I said - if you think Boris is fit to lead the country you must have pitifully low standards. 

Edited by Halibut

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I stand by what I said - if you think Boris is fit to lead the country you must have pitifully low standards. 

That's your opinion which you are most certainly allowed to have, others think differently and have their opinion. It is not worth any less than yours, is it?.

Angel1.