Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

1 minute ago, Lockjaw said:

Turkey attempting to intefere in British elections?

:hihi:

1 hour ago, L00b said:

No spinning involved whatsoever, normal or otherwise: I did read the last few pages, and did not see Mister Gee calling Rabb an imbecile “based on his contribution in last night's debate” as you claimed, hence I invited you to substantiate your claim with a quote.

So, can you substantiate your claim about what Mister Gee said?

Or were you lying when you accused me of “missing your point by a country mile”?

You are beyond ridiculous. You should take up cricket because you might be good at spinning the ball.  After the leadership debate last night I watched highlights of the cricket between India and Pakistan.  I wouldn't say I've just watched the cricket and make comments immediately afterwards saying Rohit Sharma is a rubbish batsman because he was bowled out the first ball in a past cricket match.

You did miss my point by a country mile and continue to miss my point by a country mile.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

I disagree, Rory Stewart, judging by feedback I'm reading from various sources, was miles ahead in the eye's of the public:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-leadership-contest-what-happens-next_uk_5d062ba6e4b0dc17ef0b5a58

.. seems to be largely reflected in the comments on the BBC about it also.

Looking at his voting record though, he's not the one to address the issues highlighted in the referendum:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24964/rory_stewart/penrith_and_the_border/votes

If you voted to leave the EU for a fairer society, or want any of those non-Brexit related issues addressed, he isn't going to deliver... none of them will :?

The underlying truth is that in the eye's of the public it's a contest to find the "least worst" candidate, so in many ways they're right!

The problem for Rory Stewart is that only Tory MPs have a vote in the next leadership ballot. There were four participants last night who had ambitions of making the other candidate to face Boris in the last two of the leadership contest.  Matt Hancock got one more vote than Rory Stewart in the  first ballot but withdrew because he knew he had no chance of getting any further in the contest.  Rory Stewart has only stopped in the contest in order to try to prevent one other candidate winning rather than winning himself. 

By no clear winner I meant that it wasn't any clearer after the debate,  who will join Boris  as the final two candidates.  

Edited by Lockdoctor

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Johnson hasn't attended this mornings hustings in front of the press.

The Tory members surely cannot vote for a PM whose best strategy is to stay away from being questioned? Anybody halfway intelligent or sane would be able to see through this....

Boris doesn't need to canvas  for any more votes at this stage like the other candidates do.  If Boris had only got 50 or 60  votes in the first ballot then he would have taken part in last night's debate and be making more appearances in front of the press.  When the contest gets down to the last two candidates then Boris will make more appearances in front of the press rather than risk taking the support of the Tory members who have votes for granted.

Even non Boris fans should give him credit for the  tactics which have got him into the winning position he enjoys.

Edited by Lockdoctor

32 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You are beyond ridiculous. You should take up cricket because you might be good at spinning the ball.  After the leadership debate last night I watched highlights of the cricket between India and Pakistan.  I wouldn't say I've just watched the cricket and make comments immediately afterwards saying Rohit Sharma is a rubbish batsman because he was bowled out the first ball in a past cricket match.

You did miss my point by a country mile and continue to miss my point by a country mile.

(...)

So, I’ve given you two occasions to either back up your claim or come clean, and twice you double-down on your lie. 

No amount of taking an off-topic tangent about cricket, is going to hide the fact, proven beyond any reasonable doubt by your posts since this morning,  that you resort to lying in debate when you’re caught out.

Colour me as unimpressed, as I am unsurprised. Takes one like you to know one like BoJo, eh.

Edited by L00b

1 minute ago, L00b said:

So, I’ve given you two occasions to either back up your claim or come clean, and twice you double-down on your lie. 

No amount of taking an off-topic tangent about cricket, is going to hide the fact, proven beyond any reasonable doubt by your posts since this morning,  that you resort to lying in debate.

Colour me as unimpressed as I am unsurprised.

It's just not cricket to accuse me of lying. I am unimpressed that you're arguing for arguments sake rather than making constructive  unbiased comments about the Tory leadership which some posters are happy to do.

Moving on I think Dominic Raab  and Rory Stewart will both be eliminated in the second ballot.

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's just not cricket to accuse me of lying. I am unimpressed that you're arguing for arguments sake rather than making constructive  unbiased comments about the Tory leadership which some posters are happy to do.

Moving on I think Dominic Raab  and Rory Stewart will both be eliminated in the second ballot.

So, you’d rather I conveniently ‘forgot’ that you lied in order to accuse me of missing that point of yours that never existed?

How pathetic.

Consider this (and rest assured this isn’t a let-off, me mucker), about all those like BoJo agitating towards a no deal/WTO ‘plan’ in that leadership race: so far, Brexit negotiations have come under Article 50, allowing a deal to be agreed by a majority of eu governments and approved only by the European Parliament. Once Britain is a third country, any negotiations would fall under a different provision (Article 218), which requires not just unanimous agreement but also ratification by all national and several regional parliaments. After Britain had repudiated the negotiated withdrawal agreement, the temptation for one of these bodies to reject any replacement deal would be large...and none more so than Ireland, if the backstop is not in that replacement deal.

Yes, you read that right: far from being ‘empowered’, the U.K. would be in a significantly worse negotiating position with the EU and the EU27 after Brexiting without a deal, and the renegotiation would see the U.K. lose trading advantages that are currently preserved in the WA, whilst still in hock to those exact same aspects of the WA that are supposedly causing it problems.

‘Imbeciles’? That’s far too generous a term, for that shower of self-serving cretins.

Edited by L00b

58 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris doesn't need to canvas  for any more votes at this stage like the other candidates do.  If Boris had only got 50 or 60  votes in the first ballot then he would have taken part in last night's debate and be making more appearances in front of the press.  When the contest gets down to the last two candidates then Boris will make more appearances in front of the press rather than risk taking the support of the Tory members who have votes for granted.

Even non Boris fans should give him credit for the  tactics which have got him into the winning position he enjoys.

But it's a contest in which the winner gets to be Prime Minister of the country, yet only a tiny fraction of the population gets a say who's going to be the winner. I don't credit Johnson with anything, other than being very good at self promotion; and those who know him best, such as Max Hastings, wouldn't recommend him for the job of being PM.

By not taking part in all of the debates, he is taking the votes of the Tory members for granted.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

But it's a contest in which the winner gets to be Prime Minister of the country, yet only a tiny fraction of the population gets a say who's going to be the winner. I don't credit Johnson with anything, other than being very good at self promotion; and those who know him best, such as Max Hastings, wouldn't recommend him for the job of being PM.

By not taking part in all of the debates, he is taking the votes of the Tory members for granted.

A potential Pm not taking part in a debate? perhaps he was watching Im a Celeb on catch up

https://news.sky.com/video/jeremy-corbyn-on-why-he-opposes-bbc-airing-debate-11566795

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's just not cricket to accuse me of lying.

... or trying to pretend you haven't just been "caught out" :?

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

You're own prejudices prevent you from giving Boris any credit.  More people than previously get a say in choosing our Prime Minister than when John Mayor was chosen to replace Margaret Thatcher because the Tory party have changed their rules to allow  the Tory members a vote.  In our country only the ruling party get to choose who will be a new Prime Minister if there is a change of leader of a party while they are the governing party. There is no point in complaining about something which happens regardless of which party is in power.  You're forgetting the Tory leadership contest has two parts. The first part is when just Tory MPs decide the final two candidates.  The second part is when the Tory members get to choose between the final two candidates.  Boris is not taking the Tory members for granted because the leadership contest hasn't reached the stage yet where they are involved.

59 minutes ago, Magilla said:

... or trying to pretend you haven't just been "caught out" :?

Very good. I can see what you did there😉   I am still not out.

Edited by Lockdoctor

The personal comments and bickering end here.

If you cant have a discussion without resorting to this then please dont post at all.

Any further and suspensions will be issued.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're own prejudices prevent you from giving Boris any credit. 

He's completely unfit to lead anything. That he's even being considered is emblematic of the moral bankruptcy of the Government.