Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Gove, although very fluent, came across as insincere and a bit of a know it all. 

Raab was wooden and had very weird eyes. Javid was slightly better than I expected. I can't remember much about what Hunt said, apart from the fact that he was an entrepreneur, and his granny lived till she was 100 yrs old. Stewart got  most applause from the audience.

A fair assessment.   I remember Hunt going over the top when he said Gove's cocaine admission didn't matter. I missed the first half hour.

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I can't understand why bonkers didn't turn up, KG-Murthy isn't exactly a big hitter.

Why would Boris want to take part in the runners up debate?

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

A fair assessment.   I remember Hunt going over the top when he said Gove's cocaine admission didn't matter. I missed the first half hour.

Why would Boris want to take part in the runners up debate?

Why is bonkers taking part on Tuesday then?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Why is bonkers taking part on Tuesday then?

Boris is taking part on Tuesday because the field will have fewer numbers.  I think two candidates will be eliminated on Tuesday.

You're embarrassing yourself by referring to Boris as bonkers and your early post calling Rabb an imbecile was another silly comment.

Boris should not win, he would be a disaster. 

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris is taking part on Tuesday because the field will have fewer numbers.  I think two candidates will be eliminated on Tuesday.

You're embarrassing yourself by referring to Boris as bonkers and your early post calling Rabb an imbecile was another silly comment.

So it's not a runners up debate with fewer numbers?

19 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

He's off his rocker. Raab the imbecile didn't understand the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing when he was Brexit secretary. 

Edited by Mister Gee

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Stewart got  most applause from the audience.

Yes and he deserved it, because he was the one who spoke the most sense. 

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris is quite clearly bonkers. His swivelly eyes give that away.

He’s a second rate writer of books about classics, who has got ideas above his station.

Thankfully, he also has sufficient enemies to ensure that his premiership will be embarrassingly brief and brutal 

Does it matter who wins,the winner will only be a puppet for the financial institutions that set the real agendas,the PM just has to agree a framework with them to work within,which they then filter down to the heads of various gov departments.

Weve spent an eternity in austerity under the tories and ran up larger debts,and we lock up people for growing 10Ks worth of cannabis,but our politicians rob us of billions every year,take heed of some of their tax returns...............

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Does it matter who wins,the winner will only be a puppet for the financial institutions that set the real agendas,the PM just has to agree a framework with them to work within,which they then filter down to the heads of various gov departments.

Weve spent an eternity in austerity under the tories and ran up larger debts,and we lock up people for growing 10Ks worth of cannabis,but our politicians rob us of billions every year,take heed of some of their tax returns...............

Yes, of course it does.

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Boris is quite clearly bonkers. His swivelly eyes give that away.

He’s a second rate writer of books about classics, who has got ideas above his station.

Thankfully, he also has sufficient enemies to ensure that his premiership will be embarrassingly brief and brutal 

His minders are keeping him out of the public eye as much as possible for fear that he will say something so mindboggingly stupid that it could muck up his chances of becoming the new leader of the nasty party. Hunt is aware that the swivel eyed loons will back bonkers to the extent that he wants to get rid of them."Every older person should die with dignity and respect. We should be the party who sorts it out". Killing the membership is a bold move but it would also turn their pension entitlement into tax cuts for the rich.

11 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

He's off his rocker. Raab the imbecile didn't understand the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing when he was Brexit secretary. 

Rabb made no mention of the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing on last night's television debate.  It says more about you that you are attempting to justify your comment that Rabb is an imbecile  by mentioning something which didn't happen on the program last night rather than mentioning something Rabb did say on the program last night.   I think it's just childish on your part by using the word Bonkers instead of using the word Boris or Mr Johnson when discussing the man who is most likely to be our country's next Prime Minister.  I get it why people don't like individuals or the Tory party but it adds no value to the discussion when contributors don't have an open mind and can't make  comments without displaying their own prejudices.