Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

Boris and Trump, a cloned double act which would be funny if it wasn’t so frightening 

Boris, the Donald and Nigel, the holy Trinity, tongue in cheek if you will, and if Boris does get the expected victory, which is not certain even at this stage and him been a country mile ahead of the rest of the dross.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Boris, the Donald and Nigel, the holy Trinity, tongue in cheek if you will, and if Boris does get the expected victory, which is not certain even at this stage and him been a country mile ahead of the rest of the dross.

Angel1.

Looks like the batch of kippers that was accidentally laced with LSD has been located.

12 hours ago, Magilla said:

To accurately represent the views of the public you have to account for all votes. More people voted for someone other than the BP :?

It shows that most people would rather not have Boris when given the choice :?

Just like the Euro Elections did for no-deal Brexit.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that voters had only one reason to vote for the Brexit Party.  Many loyal Labour and Tory voters who voted to leave the EU continue to vote for their respective parties despite the Brexit betrayal.

The result of the first ballot of the Tory leadership contest has led to talk within the Tory party election rule makers  of a  Boris coronation.  It wouldn't be a surprise if Boris is moving into Downing Street before the end of the month.

11 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

The odds of not leaving before 2022 and leaving in October are now practically the same. 5/2 for October and 7/2 for not before 2022.

I think October is the last chance for a new PM to get this through. I think they will fail.

I am surprised at those odds regarding October given the fact a 'no deal' is the default legal position and only our Prime Minister can ask the EU for another extension.  

Edited by Lockdoctor

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that voters had only one reason to vote for the Brexit Party.  Many loyal Labour and Tory voters who voted to leave the EU continue to vote for their respective parties despite the Brexit betrayal.

It's not forgotten, conveniently or otherwise... the reality is that the parties who want a deal or to remain entirely secured more votes overall in that election.

Even as a percentage of voter turnout, support for the only party to guarantee a Brexit that is (apparently :?) the "will of the people" lost a significant proportion of voter share compared to the results of the referendum.

That says it all, even for those that still support Brexit, a significant propotion don't support no-deal.

If, as Farage declared before that vote, it was a de-factor second referendum... he lost... badly!

If people really voted for parties for other reasons, that means they've lost interest in Brexit... not that they support "no-deal".

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The result of the first ballot of the Tory leadership contest has led to talk within the Tory party election rule makers  of a  Boris coronation.  It wouldn't be a surprise if Boris is moving into Downing Street before the end of the month.

Perhaps, but then Boris also has considerable form for renegging on election promises...

General Election by the autumn?

Boris Johnson’s no-deal Brexit plan ‘will trigger early election’:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/15/boris-johnson-no-deal-brexit-plan-will-trigger-early-election

"Attempts to appease hardline Tory Brexiters will tilt the party into a “disastrous general election” that could be just months away, senior Conservatives are warning"

John Kerr, the author of article 50, attacks the leadership candidates for making promises on Brexit that they will never be able to meet:-

"What alarms me most about the current Conservative party leadership race is that fiction and fantasy are back, and harsh facts again forgotten, as new promises, no less unrealistic, are made. The unicorns are back, frolicking in the Tory forest. Claims that the withdrawal agreement can be renegotiated ignore the solemn undertakings given by the UK government in March that it will not seek to do so"

Raab is an imbecile and Gove is a right you know what. Rory Stewart is the only one with an ounce of common decency which means he's not got a prayer of becoming the next leader of the nasty party.

Gove, although very fluent, came across as insincere and a bit of a know it all. 

Raab was wooden and had very weird eyes. Javid was slightly better than I expected. I can't remember much about what Hunt said, apart from the fact that he was an entrepreneur, and his granny lived till she was 100 yrs old. Stewart got  most applause from the audience.

Edited by Mister M

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Gove, although very fluent, came across as insincere and a bit of a know it all. 

Raab was wooden and had very weird eyes. Javid was slightly better than I expected. I can't remember much about what Hunt said, apart from the fact that he was an entrepreneur, and his granny lived till she was 100 yrs old. Stewart got  most applause from the audience.

I can't understand why bonkers didn't turn up, KG-Murthy isn't exactly a big hitter.

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I can't understand why bonkers didn't turn up, KG-Murthy isn't exactly a big hitter.

Because he doesn't have to join in with all the Taurus Excreetum warbled by those that were there. I listened and watched like many more did, but I am still no wiser as to what "the deal" is.

Angel1

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Because he doesn't have to join in with all the Taurus Excreetum warbled by those that were there. I listened and watched like many more did, but I am still no wiser as to what "the deal" is.

Angel1

Good lord, you've gone full on Mogg with that one.