Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I only started to support Brexit on 24th June 2016 when the democratic referendum result was announced.  On 23rd June 2016 I supported remaining in the EU and voted to remain in the EU.   If you believe in democracy then you should support democratic decisions you personally didn't vote for.

If you support democracy, then you should support the actions of our democratically elected representatives.

Politics is never about binary choices. 

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I only started to support Brexit on 24th June 2016 when the democratic referendum result was announced.  On 23rd June 2016 I supported remaining in the EU and voted to remain in the EU.   If you believe in democracy then you should support democratic decisions you personally didn't vote for.

What a load of bobbar.

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If you believe in democracy then you should support democratic decisions you personally didn't vote for.

Democracy is dead when elections/referendums are won by spin and lies instead of reasoned debate and facts :roll:

No-one voted for "no-deal", it wasn't on offer during the referendum!

Edited by Magilla

34 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

If you support democracy, then you should support the actions of our democratically elected representatives.

Politics is never about binary choices. 

Yes, I supported the actions of our democratically elected representatives when they handed over the job of deciding whether our country remained or were to leave the EU to our people when they overwhelmingly voted in favour of holding the 2016 EU referendum. 

Referendums are about binary choices.   

31 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Democracy is dead when elections/referendums are won by spin and lies instead of reasoned debate and facts :roll:

No-one voted for "no-deal", it wasn't on offer during the referendum!

The victory for the Brexit Party in the recent European Elections  suggests leave voters don't have a problem with 'no deal'  The new leader of the Tory Party won't have a problem implementing a 'no deal' 

Edited by Lockdoctor

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Yes, I supported the actions of our democratically elected representatives when they handed over the job of deciding whether our country remained or were to leave the EU to our people when they overwhelmingly voted in favour of holding the 2016 EU referendum. 

Referendums are about binary choices.   

The victory for the Brexit Party in the recent European Elections  suggests leave voters don't have a problem with 'no deal'  The new leader of the Tory Party won't have a problem implementing a 'no deal' 

We'll see?

Edited by Mister Gee

41 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The victory for the Brexit Party in the recent European Elections  suggests leave voters don't have a problem with 'no deal'

I've no idea what election you saw, but the one that really happened showed 12m leave voters didn't vote for the BP, and that their total vote count was considerably less than the recent petition to remain :?

Overwhelmingly, by far the majority of votes in that election were for parties who want a deal, or to remain.

The new leader of the Tory Party won't have a problem implementing a 'no deal' 

He will if he wants to get re-elected!

I recon there's a better than average chance you're going to be disappointed...

Edited by Magilla

24 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I've no idea what election you saw, but the one that really happened showed 12m leave voters didn't vote for the BP, and that their total vote count was considerably less than the recent petition to remain :?

Overwhelmingly, by far the majority of votes in that election were for parties who want a deal, or to remain.

Talk about living in a bubble!    I saw the result of the election which showed that the Brexit Party won 29 seats which was about the double the amount of seats the party that came second won.  Voters had only one reason to vote for the Brexit Party and that was to leave the EU without a deal if necessary. 

Next you will be telling me that Boris didn't come first yesterday because more people voted for the other nine candidates when you add all their votes together.

Edited by Lockdoctor

There is a difference between coming first and winning. As exemplified by Boris yesterday. He came first, but won nothing.

There are still more who voted against him than voted for him.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

There is a difference between coming first and winning. As exemplified by Boris yesterday. He came first, but won nothing.

There are still more who voted against him than voted for him.

Indeed, there are a few in past Tory elections who were streets ahead in the first vote but didn't win overall.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Indeed, there are a few in past Tory elections who were streets ahead in the first vote but didn't win overall.

You're absolutely correct, but there has never been a Tory leadership election with 10 candidates before.  It really was a big win yesterday for Boris.

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Talk about living in a bubble!    I saw the result of the election which showed that the Brexit Party won 29 seats which was about the double the amount of seats the party that came second won.

To accurately represent the views of the public you have to account for all votes. More people voted for someone other than the BP :?

Voters had only one reason to vote for the Brexit Party and that was to leave the EU without a deal if necessary. 

Next you will be telling me that Boris didn't come first yesterday because more people voted for the other nine candidates when you add all their votes together.

It shows that most people would rather not have Boris when given the choice :?

Just like the Euro Elections did for no-deal Brexit.

Edited by Magilla

The odds of not leaving before 2022 and leaving in October are now practically the same. 5/2 for October and 7/2 for not before 2022.

I think October is the last chance for a new PM to get this through. I think they will fail.