Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

All the women have been voted out?

Where's the equality?

Why not kick a couple of the men out, maybe Hancock and Raab?

Put Leadsom and McVey back in

Edited by rogets

1 hour ago, CaptainSwing said:

(...)

I think that no-deal is now the most likely outcome.  M. Macron gives us to believe that he's ready to pull the plug, and if the next PM isn't even going to ask for an extension ...

Senior Tories like Hunt are beginning to make noises, about clearing out the senior civil service as soon as the next (necessarily hardline Brexiteer) party leader gets into no.10.

So regardless of whether it's no deal or not, the UK would be negotiating FTAs with <anyone: the EU, the US, ...> with...

...zero experts and experience :help: :rolleyes:

[mewonders whether Hunt has fessed up to substance abuse, like the fashion amongst premiership hopefuls? :lol:]

Delighted to see McVey chucked out with the least votes. This woman is an insult to politics in particular, and decency in general. LOL'd at this tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hugorifkind/status/1139144145065447430

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, rogets said:

All the women have been voted out?

Where's the equality?

Why not kick a couple of the men out, maybe Hancock and Raab?

Put Leadsom and McVey back in

So you want the worst two back in, just because they're women and to make it equal?

Sajid Javid and Rory Stewart seem to be the best of the bunch. 

Edited by janie48

20 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

So you want the worst two back in, just because they're women and to make it equal?

Why not, the rest of the world is either laughing or shaking their heads at the political mess in Britain.

Might as well add some more strange fun on to the heap. 🙃

If I was Jeremy Hunt, I'd be a bit miffed at everyone waxing lyrical about Rory Stewart who got a poultry 19 votes.

59 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Don't feed the troll ;)

Boris has played a blinder with is low profile campaign until his official launch yesterday. Boris isn't my preferred candidate but given a choice between him and Corbyn to be our Prime Minister there can only be one winner in any future General Election.   I am surprised, Andrea Leadsom went  out in the first round  for the leadership, but understand  last time she had the backing of the ERG which has mainly gone to Boris this time.

I  thought a few weeks ago that Boris would struggle to make the  final two candidates.  When Boris becomes our country's next Prime Minister we should all get behind him and support his efforts to deliver Brexit.

Edited by Lockdoctor

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris has played a blinder with is low profile campaign until his official launch yesterday. Boris isn't my preferred candidate but given a choice between him and Corbyn to be our Prime Minister there can only be one winner in any future General Election.   I am surprised, Andrea Leadsom went  out in the first round  for the leadership, but understand  last time she had the backing of the ERG which has mainly gone to Boris this time.

I  thought a few weeks ago that Boris would struggle to make the time.  When Boris becomes our country's next Prime Minister we should all get behind and support his efforts to deliver Brexit.

How do you want me to get behind him? Lift to the airport? Bit of photocopying? A sizeable cut in income so his rich mates can have a bit more? We’ll be doing that for sure!

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Some of what Boris says is akin to the Donald over the water, some of it may be unpalatable to many, but not so to everyone. The rest of his controversial musings are over the top, that's a given. But a little like the Duke of Edinburgh, Boris opens his mouth without thinking of the consequences sometimes. If he becomes PM, that will have to change.

Re my prior post, the Government front bench and the "Honourable oppositions front bench" are the worst I have ever seen in my life. Hence the rise of Nigel (again) and the Brexit Party.

Angel1.

Racists. The people you're referring to are racists.

41 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I  thought a few weeks ago that Boris would struggle to make the  final two candidates.  When Boris becomes our country's next Prime Minister we should all get behind him and support his efforts to deliver Brexit.

It doesn't say a great deal about the man and his ability to be MP,  when a campaign to keep him low profile is regraded as being successful.

And I won't be getting behind him and supporting him. He's truly vile.

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It doesn't say a great deal about the man and his ability to be MP,  when a campaign to keep him low profile is regraded as being successful.

And I won't be getting behind him and supporting him. He's truly vile.

Hear, hear!