Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

7 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

The numbers in Parliament will change, the DUP will come back on board if Boris bins the backstop or any Brexiteer does.

I’m not sure that you read the bit that said “the EU aren’t shifting”. 

Boris can bin what he wants, but there are two sides to consider.

17 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Yes I do, but we've been warned about discussing it in this thread.

Why? Nobody has stopped you discussing it in this thread.

Edited by Mister Gee

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not sure that you read the bit that said “the EU aren’t shifting”. 

Boris can bin what he wants, but there are two sides to consider.

Boris hasn't won yet and he may not win. The EU will move when they need/have to. They will be dealing with a Brexiteer I think and not someone who wished to remain anyway. Can't see the Tories electing a retainer again.

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Why? Nobody has stopped you discussing it in this thread.

Post 49 does.

Just now, Bash Street said:

Boris hasn't won yet and he may not win. The EU will move when they need/have to. They will be dealing with a Brexiteer I think and not someone who wished to remain anyway. Can't see the Tories electing a retainer again.

This is what we are up against. It is pretty clear that the EU won’t be shifting on the backstop for any reason, no matter how many lies are told.

I'm sorry but we are not to discuss Brexit alone in this thread, there is a dedicated thread for it where you need to go to should you wish to discuss Brexit itself.

If you go there and tag me in then I'll answer you there.

4 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I'm sorry but we are not to discuss Brexit alone in this thread, there is a dedicated thread for it where you need to go to should you wish to discuss Brexit itself.

I do apologise, I thought I'd get more sense out of you on this thread.

6 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

We were discussing how Boris/the new Tory leader would deal with Brexit. That seems to be perfectly on topic to me.

15 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

This is what we are up against. It is pretty clear that the EU won’t be shifting on the backstop for any reason, no matter how many lies are told.

This is what you said.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

We were discussing how Boris/the new Tory leader would deal with Brexit. That seems to be perfectly on topic to me.

No you wasn't, if you want to discuss Brexit, go to the dedicated thread and tag me in.

17 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Well if we are to believe the Vote Leave campaign which he headed up, Boris will take his time over negotations with the EU "to get it right"

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_newdeal.html

"The day after nothing changes legally. There is no legal obligation on the British Government to take Britain out of the EU immediately. There will be three stages of creating a new UK-EU deal - informal negotiations, formal negotiations, and implementation including both a new Treaty and domestic legal changes. There is no need to rush. We must take our time and get it right."

Edited by Longcol

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

There is no Brexit, let it go ;)

Just now, Longcol said:

Well if we are to believe the Leave.eu campaign which he headed up, Boris will take his time over negotations with the EU "to get it right"

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_newdeal.html

"The day after nothing changes legally. There is no legal obligation on the British Government to take Britain out of the EU immediately. There will be three stages of creating a new UK-EU deal - informal negotiations, formal negotiations, and implementation including both a new Treaty and domestic legal changes. There is no need to rush. We must take our time and get it right."

To be fair to Theresa May, she did half of that. All Boris has to do is the getting it right part.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

To be fair to Theresa May, she did half of that. All Boris has to do is the getting it right part.

No mention of "No Deal" - or any other clauses saying "however if BoJo gets a crack at running for PM he'll do or say anything to get the job".