Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Great. Have a die-hard,  swivelled eyed brexiteer in charge. All you need now is a unified party and working parliamentary majority.

Whoops!

Just watched a clip of Boris being taken apart by Eddie mair. Lovely.

Is that the nasty piece of work clip tinfoil?

Just seen Steve Baker on Twitter saying he's seriously considering it. I think he'd get my vote if he makes the last two.

4 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I agree with the bit about a Brexiteer but I'm not sure about Boris but I could be convinced.

The fact of the matter is whoever gets the job will ned to deliver Brexit prior to the next election or the Conservatives are finished. 

Here is the question, who else is there in the Tory party who even comes close to Boris in the populist stakes.

Disliked by his own party MP's, but the darling of the Members, if he can get to the last two is the conundrum, if he does, he wins.

Angel1.

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Is that the nasty piece of work clip tinfoil?

Yep. In many respects it was cheap journalism, playing the man rather than the ball, but given Boris just lies all the time it's probably best it gets highlighted early on.

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Here is the question, who else is there in the Tory party who even comes close to Boris in the populist stakes.

Disliked by his own party MP's, but the darling of the Members, if he can get to the last two is the conundrum, if he does, he wins.

Angel1.

Remember Michael hesseletine? He was nailed on after Thatcher quit.

3 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Just seen Steve Baker on Twitter saying he's seriously considering it. I think he'd get my vote if he makes the last two.

Did he sound reasonable and honest? If he did he's got no chance, the Tories are in full on nut job mode.

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yep. In many respects it was cheap journalism, playing the man rather than the ball, but given Boris just lies all the time it's probably best it gets highlighted early on.

Remember Michael hesseletine? He was nailed on after Thatcher quit.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd sing the praises of Heseltine but he's talking a lot of sense these days. 

Hesseletine taking sense, highly unlikely. He has lost it.

Angel1.

6 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Hesseletine taking sense, highly unlikely. He has lost it.

Angel1.

He sounds very sensible compared to some of the other Tory nutters.

36 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Did he sound reasonable and honest? If he did he's got no chance, the Tories are in full on nut job mode.

He's the voice of reason, I think he has a great chance of becoming leader and delivering Brexit.

2 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

He's the voice of reason, I think he has a great chance of becoming leader and delivering Brexit.

It's going to be interesting to see if a Tory PM has the minerals to deliver Brexit? 

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It's going to be interesting to see if a Tory PM has the minerals to deliver Brexit? 

I agree.

4 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I agree.

My money is on they won't. All the Tory Brexit mob are nowt but a bunch of <removed>.

Edited by nikki-red