A Good Description Of Our Political Masters.

I have no proof this is genuine, and if it has been posted previously I apologise.

Oliver Cromwell: 'In the name of God, go!' speech dismissing Rump Parliament - 1653
20 April 1653, London, England

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Sums up the Westminster parasites to me.

Angel1

I don't always agree with your posts, @ANGELFIRE1, but this is one that I do.

(where's the 'like' button when you need it?)

And the poem "The Secret People" by

G. K. Chesterton, should be read out in the House of Commons before every sitting. 

But you hang on every word of the Euro Parliament parasite Farage who has made a monumental fortune from being a part of the Euro establishment.

Just because he occasionally drinks rubbish beer in a Greene King pub doesn't make him a "man of the people", he's more usually scoffing in Brussels bistros.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

Is anyone that is wealthy a parasite to you? Some want money or power, but they need to give voters something, in order for people to vote for them.

Back in Margaret Thatchers day, she allowed people to buy there council house, others have given more benefits, free bus passes and free TV licenses; all just doing the same thing, bribing the electorate.

We have a very poor democracy. If you watched the news and it stated that in Zimbabwe,  Emmerson Mnangagwa was elected on 30% of the registered voters, yet not everyone was registered.

You would be saying it was a backward country, but that is happening in the UK.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I have no proof this is genuine, and if it has been posted previously I apologise.

Oliver Cromwell: 'In the name of God, go!' speech dismissing Rump Parliament - 1653
20 April 1653, London, England

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Angel1

You forgot to put it in "The Conservative Party. All discussion here please"thread?

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

In the name of God, go!

I take it you are wanting a general election?

10 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

You forgot to put it in "The Conservative Party. All discussion here please"thread?

AND the ones for the Labour Party & LibDems, too.

Edited by RollingJ

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I take it you are wanting a general election?

I think it will come to that, quite soon. One worry would be that it could be a hung Parliament again, imagine if Corbyn's crew held sway by half a dozen seats, that would be the stuff nightmares are made of, out of the frying pan - into the fire.

I would like a GE for the main reason of giving the people a chance to rid themselves of those in Westminster who opposed Brexit which was the will of the majority of those who cared enough to cast a vote in the Referendum.  Hopefully quite a few heads would roll.

Angel1.

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think it will come to that, quite soon. One worry would be that it could be a hung Parliament again, imagine if Corbyn's crew held sway by half a dozen seats, that would be the stuff nightmares are made of, out of the frying pan - into the fire.

I would like a GE for the main reason of giving the people a chance to rid themselves of those in Westminster who opposed Brexit which was the will of the majority of those who cared enough to cast a vote in the Referendum.  Hopefully quite a few heads would roll.

Angel1.

I think you can pretty much bank on a hung parliament, nobody has faith in the two main parties and looking at the list of runners and riders for Mays job, that wont stop any time soon. 

We should have a general election soonest. The previous 3 years has set us back about 10. We are now due another 10 of political uncertainty. Might as well rip the plaster off and start now.

40 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I would like a GE for the main reason of giving the people a chance to rid themselves of those in Westminster who opposed Brexit

It didn't happen in 2017!