Ex Black Footballers Denied Opportunities

On 25/05/2019 at 10:17, JamesR123 said:

I have heard racism at sheff United this season more than once.

I probably went to 7/8 games.

It surprises me that people on here are claiming they haven't heard it.

Don't sit among the morons, every club has them and they tend to sit together in specific areas. I can't remember the last time I heard any racial abuse. 

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Don't sit among the morons, every club has them and they tend to sit together in specific areas. I can't remember the last time I heard any racial abuse. 

You oftentimes don't have a choice.

With all seater stadia,  you'll have a designated seat.

It's simply not feasible to not have any racist people at a match of 25-30k people. There isn't racist chanting though. You may hear some idiot shout something, although I never have.

But this debate is about racism affecting black players managing. Every club has black and overseas players. There's probably more multiculturalism in football then any other 'industry' . I think it's a red herring. 

I’ve been going to Bramall Lane regularly since the 70’s.

In the past 30 years I’ve only ever heard racist jokes/ chants when playing Bradford City, referencing Pakistani’s.

Racist comments/ chants about black players seemed to stop once we had Deane and Agana from 1990.

I’ve always had a theory that some people are full of frustration/ resentment/ pent up anger, they become a walking pressure cooker building up ready to explode but instead of taking it out on the wife and kids, they go to a match to “let off steam’. Ive seen it with my own eyes where the ref gives the other team a throw-in and the guy near me is going mad shouting abuse at the ref. 

His actions are totally disproportionate to what’s just happened.