Human Composting - Literally Pushing Up Daisies.

Washington State in the US has just legalised human composting as an alternative to burial or cremation.  Apparently its kinder to the environment as cremations create carbon dioxide & particulates & obviously, burials take up what could be valuable land. 

A new process has been developed & in a few weeks after death, you could be reduced to a couple of wheelbarrow fulls of proper soil.  (Try getting that lot to sit in an urn on the mantlepiece?) 

So your loved ones could chuck you over the garden & you could literally be pushing up daisies or providing them with a crop of spuds. 

Me? I fancy a Tibetan Sky Burial where the Tibetans take there dead to a high point & let the wildlife take care of everything.

Just leave my corpse on the roundabout at Meadowhead.   It'll be a toss up who gets to me first.  The crows or the 'wildlife' of Batemoor or Low Edges? 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

I’ve told my kids to put me in the composting or anything to avoid funeral directors making a profit out of me.  Aged 18 I left my body to medical science but as I get older it’s more unlikely they’ll want me!

17 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Aged 18 I left my body to medical science but as I get older it’s more unlikely they’ll want me!

Your brain gets better as you get older. 😉

Sadly your body doesn’t 😀

Human composting idea has been around for years and On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at (Ilkley Moor Bar Tat) the song sings about it. 

The lovers go up Ilkley Moor, he dies, the worms eat him, the ducks eats the worms, his lover eats the ducks thus eating him...

Always thought it would be more natural for us to break down and rot and our cells go into the earth and we then feed the plants, the animals eat the plants and we then eat the animals that have eaten the animals etc  thus we may live on in a reincarnation style as our cells mix with what ever eats us, rather than being burnt at 2000 degrees.... WOW!!! DEEP!!! lol

I looked at a scheme where you were buried and a tree was planted  with your remains,you went into a hesian bag and fed the tree,it was around 5-6 years back,I cant find it now Ive looked allover the shop,but it sounded great,I should have signed up for it there n then as it was about a grand or so

Yep, there are a lot of natural burial grounds around...plans to start a new one in the area are getting  underway...

Edited by smithy266

Quote:

A new process has been developed & in a few weeks after death, you could be reduced to a couple of wheelbarrow fulls of proper soil.  Quote

Barron99, 

What exactly is the new process  or method that your post referred to. Any more details?

Edited by Janus

On 25/05/2019 at 23:58, staninoodle said:

I looked at a scheme where you were buried and a tree was planted  with your remains,you went into a hesian bag and fed the tree,it was around 5-6 years back,I cant find it now Ive looked allover the shop,but it sounded great,I should have signed up for it there n then as it was about a grand or so

There is a plot at Wisewood Cemetery I think for that, I would imagine they could tell you who does the burials.

Edited by iansheff

I understand that It is available at loxley we went early this year, it is all outside no shelter at all it was the worst day of this year,for wind and rain, we had to go and change before going for tea, as we were wet through.