Moving due to medical reasons (council property)

Hello,

I've just had an interview with the health and housing needs department to talk about putting me on a priority list for a council property due to health reasons. Has anybody else gone through the same thing? Were you happy with the outcome? I was told i'd have to apply for at least 3 properties each week, if i don't they will apply for me, and once i'm accepted for one i'll be expected to accept it also.  Whilst i'm happy to be put forward to finally move, i guess i'm worried that i could end up anywhere they place me. 

I was in a similar situation & they tried to get me to move to Arbourthorne.          I was worried I'd lose my priority but I turned it down,    frying pans & fires come to mind,    &  I'm glad I did.           Not long afterwards I got a lovely flat in an area that was one of my choices,   I've been there for twelve years now & thank my lucky stars every day.           Don't let them bully you,  you still have rights.        They just want to get you off their list & don't care if you end up worse off.

On 23/05/2019 at 19:45, lovelace said:

I was in a similar situation & they tried to get me to move to Arbourthorne.          I was worried I'd lose my priority but I turned it down,    frying pans & fires come to mind,    &  I'm glad I did.           Not long afterwards I got a lovely flat in an area that was one of my choices,   I've been there for twelve years now & thank my lucky stars every day.           Don't let them bully you,  you still have rights.        They just want to get you off their list & don't care if you end up worse off.

That's exactly what i'm afraid will happen. Thanks for the advice lovlace. Glad to hear it worked out in the end for you.