Freedom of religion - no

2 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Rightfully dismissed. You can’t force a religious opinion on anyone no matter how well intentioned. 

That dosnt stop the religious cults of all variations trying. 

A very good friend of mine nearly died when a drain bottle attatched to his collapsed lung was accidentally moved by a nurse which meant that the fluid syphoned back into his lungs. When he put in a complaint she kept coming over to his bed to tell him that he was a sinner and would go to hell.

People like that should be nowhere near patients, children, old people or anyone else in a vulnerable situation.

29 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

That dosnt stop the religious cults of all variations trying. 

When you're at home or in the street, you can just say 'no thanks, not interested'. When you're seriously ill and confined to bed it's rather different.

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

I couldn't have broccoli with my chicken dinner last night because the law says that my local Tesco can't full trade on a Sunday. I believe that the Sunday trading laws originate from a Xtian practice that used to be called the 'Lord's Day Observance'.

So although I'm not a Xtian the law says that I must adhere to Xtian traditions on a Sunday.

Remind me again how this 'country outlaws Christianity'. 🙄

That's interesting because I manage to shop on Sundays and my big name supermarket still sells fruit and veg from 11-5. 

The old practice of shops being closed for trading on Sundays is no longer the case. The fact that I can do my normal food shop on Sunday and go to meadowhall is evidence of this. 

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

People like that should be nowhere near patients, children, old people or anyone else in a vulnerable situation.

I agree. And this should also apply to medical staff that regularly decides to take prayer breaks during treatment of patient. However, this issue always remains overlooked.

Edited by Branyy

15 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I agree. And this should also apply to medical staff that regularly decides to take prayer breaks during treatment of patient. However, this issue always remains overlooked.

Is the safety of the patient at risk? You are being very disingenuous with that pathetic remark. I know many doctors and nurses who would overlook their religious obligations if the needs of the patients come first. They don’t just leave the patient hanging to go pray like you make out. So why don’t you take your racist implications and put them where the sun doesn’t shine instead of trying to smear our dedicated health professionals.  

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

I was going to respond to this pathetic thinly veiled racist nonsense, but ez8004 got there first.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I was going to respond to this pathetic thinly veiled racist nonsense, but ez8004 got there first.

Where does post 17 so much as hint at race or racism? I can't see it. What am I missing that you and ez8004 see?

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Where does post 17 so much as hint at race or racism? I can't see it. What am I missing that you and ez8004 see?

Well, just suppose for a moment that some Doctors are religious, but not Christian...

Then take a look back at Branny’s previous posts. You’ll find an Islamophobic slant in there if you look hard enough.

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

The old practice of shops being closed for trading on Sundays is no longer the case. The fact that I can do my normal food shop on Sunday and go to meadowhall is evidence of this. 

So you are saying that there are no trading restrictions on a Sunday?

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

That's interesting because I manage to shop on Sundays and my big name supermarket still sells fruit and veg from 11-5. 

I usually do my shopping at 8:00 am. So I can’t do my normal shop on a Sunday.

Care to explain why?

7 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Is the safety of the patient at risk? You are being very disingenuous with that pathetic remark. I know many doctors and nurses who would overlook their religious obligations if the needs of the patients come first. They don’t just leave the patient hanging to go pray like you make out. So why don’t you take your racist implications and put them where the sun doesn’t shine instead of trying to smear our dedicated health professionals.  

Yes, safety could be at risk. That's the point. Or, to prevent this risk, non-praying doctors have to compensate for absence. Just because some staff put religious believes about work standards.

And please, take your buzzwords somewhere else. There's nothing racist about it, try educate yourself on the topic.

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Well, just suppose for a moment that some Doctors are religious, but not Christian...

Then take a look back at Branny’s previous posts. You’ll find an Islamophobic slant in there if you look hard enough.

Tell me, are we allowed to criticise just Christianity?