My food-delivery son has just had his motorbike stolen - Gleadless Valley

8 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Its on gov web site anyone can check

What's the address?  I've seen the links where you can check the tax and MOT status, but not insurance on the GOV websites.

19 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

What's the address?  I've seen the links where you can check the tax and MOT status, but not insurance on the GOV websites.

Go on ask mid site. ,put in a reg and see if the vehicle your checking is insured 

I think the problem people have with this is not that it was not taxed at the time of the theft but that it was SORNed. I’ve had a number of vehicles (including motorcycles) stolen over the years and I can’t say that my first thought has ever been “I must cancel my insurance and declare it as being off-road”. There is always the expectation that the vehicle will be found and in all but one cases it has been. People only SORN vehicles that are still in their possession.

If your appeal had been successful and the bike had been found, your son would then have had to re-insure it from scratch and re tax it from the beginning of the month that he had already paid for. 

I’m sorry, it just doesn’t add up.

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Go on ask mid site. ,put in a reg and see if the vehicle your checking is insured 

Although its free to check your own vehicle, it costs ÂŁ4.50 to check someone else's.

Of course, I'm sure people aren't misusing the service to check up on others are they...?

I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker or agent and acting on behalf of my client

It is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes.

If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 170 of the Data Protection Act 2018. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Although its free to check your own vehicle, it costs ÂŁ4.50 to check someone else's.

Of course, I'm sure people aren't misusing the service to check up on others are they...?

ASKMID .COM  gives you ins and tax for free if you put redg in

+1 for not bothering to read what other users have posted and wildly bleating out the same thing several people have already said 👍:roll:

28 minutes ago, geared said:

+1 for not bothering to read what other users have posted and wildly bleating out the same thing several people have already said 👍:roll:

I said you can get it for free cant you understand whats going on sheep

This has gone on long enough. If anyone finds the bike, please contact the OP.  Several pieces of advice have been given, it's up to the OP to use them.