My food-delivery son has just had his motorbike stolen - Gleadless Valley

46 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

These posts don't seem to be sympathetic with the op imho.

23, 24, 26, 33 and 35

I posted 24 which simply points out that the bike wasn’t insured after another poster said that it wasn’t taxed.

Are you saying that neither of those things are untrue or shouldn’t have been posted?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I posted 24 which simply points out that the bike wasn’t insured after another poster said that it wasn’t taxed.

Are you saying that neither of those things are untrue or shouldn’t have been posted?

I am saying they don't show much sympathy for the op. The same as I posted several posts back. Not hard to understand, surely.

Angel1.

20 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I am saying they don't show much sympathy for the op. The same as I posted several posts back. Not hard to understand, surely.

Angel1.

And not at all relevant to the OP, except for some posters to turn keyboard warriors and armchair judge & jury. 

Please could you tell me what you are all arguing about.

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Please could you tell me what you are all arguing about.

1. OP posted that her son’s delivery bike had been stolen and posted the reg no asking people to look out for it. 

2. A couple of posters posted that that particular bike was neither taxed nor insured.

3. A third poster posted that revealing that information wasn’t being particularly sympathetic to the OP.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

1. OP posted that her son’s delivery bike had been stolen and posted the reg no asking people to look out for it. 

2. A couple of posters posted that that particular bike was neither taxed nor insured.

3. A third poster posted that revealing that information wasn’t being particularly sympathetic to the OP.

Well people are not going to be sypathetic with anyone asking for help  looking  for a vechicle 

which is not taxed and insured are they. If you had your car stolen you wouldnt cancel the insurance as they said they did would you. You cant cancel road tax anyway forum users are not stupid 

12 hours ago, spider1 said:

Well people are not going to be sypathetic with anyone asking for help  looking  for a vechicle 

which is not taxed and insured are they. If you had your car stolen you wouldnt cancel the insurance as they said they did would you. You cant cancel road tax anyway forum users are not stupid 

The bike was taxed and insured at the time from the time we collected it from the previous owner until my son cancelled his insurance as the bike had been stolen. I've no idea what he's done about the road tax - I presume it's still running. I guess he could get a refund if he gets onto the relevant authority.

Why are you commenting when you don't appear to have taken the time to read the thread properly? Who wouldn't cancel insurance that provides cover for third party events when the vehicle is no longer in their possession?

I posted in the first place with the registration number in case someone had any information that would be helpful in recovering the bike. I have been baffled by the response from  a number of posters but appreciative of others.

On 31/05/2019 at 19:38, Top Cats Hat said:

Both those things are untrue. The bike was insured and the bike was taxed. It was fully legally-compliant at the time of the theft and my son was driving it completely legally.

On 26/05/2019 at 23:34, Dardandec said:

Can you get 3rd party only business insurance? I don't know, maybe someone can fill me in. :)

I've told you you can. Why would you doubt my word? Check out 'courier insurance' for delivery bike riders as you are clearly interested in finding out more.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong - this is the situation as I understand it and AFAIK it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to get 3rd party, fire and theft cover so a lot of delivery bike riders have to manage with the legal minimum as they can't afford to insure the bike itself. Please feel free to show me and the readers of this thread - with appropriate evidence - that the insurance we paid for doesn't exist!

By the way - the bike is still missing so our family paid hundreds of pounds for a bike that we only had for a week or so before some lowlife stole it yet all the ?majority of posters on this thread can do is cast aspersions on the honesty and law-abiding nature of our family. It'd be fantastic if this thread produced some useful information about the bike's whereabouts!

How did that other poster find out it wasn't insured?

2 hours ago, OutragedCitizen said:

Both those things are untrue. The bike was insured and the bike was taxed. It was fully legally-compliant at the time of the theft and my son was driving it completely legally.

You cant transfer road tax when your son got the bike he should take out new tax . If he did this he couldnt cancel it for a month yet it was showing not taxed on gov web site

1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

How did that other poster find out it wasn't insured?

Its on gov web site anyone can check

3 minutes ago, spider1 said:

You cant transfer road tax when your son got the bike he should take out new tax . If he did this he couldnt cancel it for a month yet it was showing not taxed on gov web site

Its on gov web site anyone can check

You can cancel tax at any time but only get refund for any full months left to run 

2 hours ago, OutragedCitizen said:

I've told you you can. Why would you doubt my word? Check out 'courier insurance' for delivery bike riders as you are clearly interested in finding out more.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong - this is the situation as I understand it and AFAIK it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to get 3rd party, fire and theft cover so a lot of delivery bike riders have to manage with the legal minimum as they can't afford to insure the bike itself. Please feel free to show me and the readers of this thread - with appropriate evidence - that the insurance we paid for doesn't exist!

By the way - the bike is still missing so our family paid hundreds of pounds for a bike that we only had for a week or so before some lowlife stole it yet all the ?majority of posters on this thread can do is cast aspersions on the honesty and law-abiding nature of our family. It'd be fantastic if this thread produced some useful information about the bike's whereabouts!

I’d be looking in woods off black stock road / places like that ,other than that I’d say it was  specifically targeted and has been stripped for parts