My food-delivery son has just had his motorbike stolen - Gleadless Valley

So my son is a food delivery driver. He's just delivered food to an address in Gleadless Valley. He phoned a minute or so beforehand to say he would be outside very soon; they opened the door ready and eager for him to arrive. In the time it took to walk up the path and turn round, the bike had been stolen. FA16 NBX with a big L plate. The people in the house/flat were facing the bike so must have seen what happened.

I'm outraged. It feels like a set-up. A 'window of opportunity' of maybe 15 secs. The steering lock was on. It matters so much to our family to get the bike back.

It was xxx Spring Close xxx. I have the full address. Please if you know anything, let me know. I promise your reply will be confidential. 

My son's friend has been driving around looking for the bike. He reckons he can hear it being driven around in the woods. So sad. That bike was the means for my son to earn a living. 

Edited by OutragedCitizen
Adding more info

Unfortunately sounds like this was pre planed and the chances of your son getting his bike back in reasonable condition are slim   Good luck though 

I know - but thanks for your response. I posted on here just in case someone does know anything about it.

Certain parts of Sheffield will end up being be no go areas for delivery services thanks to these subhuman vermin.

a total disgrace,people rely on such as your son,had a beer want a takeaway,phone up it gets delivered happy days,all this could be stopped in certain areas,due to scum like the ones who took his bike,plus we have to pay them not to work,hope he gets it back

It occurs to me that the chances of the household who ordered the food not being involved in this theft are really very slim indeed - have the police been informed?

Report it to the police. Sounds like a set up.

On 21/05/2019 at 13:48, Yeah but said:

Certain parts of Sheffield will end up being be no go areas for delivery services thanks to these subhuman vermin.

Gleadless Valley is basically a no-go area for alot of services, even the bus stopped going there a while back.

Steering lock was on and they took it in 15 seconds? Was it carried away or thrown in a van or ridden?

OP

Always best to report to police. You need a crime ref number.

4 minutes ago, Janus said:

OP

Always best to report to police. You need a crime ref number.

Yes, the criminals tremble in their boots at the thought of crime reference numbers being created.

The death penalty should be reintroduced and a points system put in place.  Thefts of the type described in the OP would get you, say, 5 points, so get caught doing that type of thing 20 times, within a time period of, say, 5 years,  and you're put to death.