Richard Bond

I was just reminiscing about a  lad that I used to work with at Edgar Allens in the late 60's and early 70's. I was a Shift Supervisor in the Melting  shop and Dick Bond was the shift Chemist on my shift.

He used to live in Intake with his parents and he had a couple of very pretty sisters. This was in the Newlands Road area,I think.

Dick went off to work for Ladbrokes the betting people in the seventies.

He married his long standing girlfriend about 1969 or 1970.

You know how it is when you get something in your mind for no reason at all and you can't stop thinking about it.

Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

hey he's my grandad! are you still around, if you want chat with me. 

Well! There you go. I never thought that anyone would ever reply.

Your Grandad will remember me as Henley. The last time I saw him was in 1972.

That is such a long time ago, but it seems like yesterday, 49 years! There is so much to ask, but where do you start?

Is he still in Sheffield? 

How is the family?

I have been in Australia for 38 years and still working in the metals industry, sort of, veins full of rust!

What is Dick up to?

Let me know. 

superstainless@bigpond.com.

Keith Henley-Smith

hi there, so

Im Ben, his grandson 
He's still around in Sheffield, the same place he was when you where around in the 70s i believe.  the family is well, we don't have much contact with that side, so i don't know. he's still happily married with his wife Susan, and had 2 children called Alison and Katheryn.  we moved out of sheffield and so did katheryn.
Grandad is retired now, after ol thatcher messed things up he became a bus driver both jobs he speaks fondly of. as well as Ladbrokes. its basically all we hear about LOL.  Hes a very kind man and im ok to answer anymore questions if you wish! i hope your enjoying australia, and your job now. i will make sure to tell him about this post next time i see him! 

Thanks for that Ben.

I believe there were years of turmoil about the early seventies and even so in my life.

Luckily my background in Steelmaking landed me a job in Germany and as they say "the doors opened".

But getting back to more relevant matters, I would like to be able to get in touch with Dick by Email or phone, if at all possible.

It would be great if could let him know.

Keith