Bartering at Car boot sales ect

Answer the question then. Do you just pay renewal requests or do you question them? 

8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Don’t then - why are you bothered if other people wish to haggle or barter? 

Why are you so bothered about my opinion. ?

I'm not. You quoted what I put and didn't say anything. I was curious about the quote.

5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Haggling bartering. Same difference.  :loopy:

It's not the same thing at all.  They are two entirely different things.

Bartering:  "In trade, barter (derived from baretor) is a system of exchange where participants in a transaction directly exchange goods or services for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange, such as money."

Haggling:  "To haggle is when two parties involved in a transaction such as the purchase of a good and service negotiate the price until both parties can mutually agree on a fair price. The process of haggling involves two parties making sequential offers and counteroffers to each other until a price is agreed upon. The individual trying to buy the good and service is trying to pay the least amount possible, while the seller's primary objective is to maximize the selling price. Haggling also may go by the names bargaining, quibbling, dickering, or informal negotiating. The act of haggling has been around since ancient times, and continues to this day. It is common in real estate negotiations, car purchases, and at informal flea markets."

Furthermore, haggling is perfectly acceptable on the high street.  Read this:  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/how-to-haggle-successfully/

I bought an entire household of items when i bought my house last year.  I went into Dixons wtih the intention of buying a tv, fridge, washing machine, dryer and small appliances too.  I made it clear that i would expect a significant discount for buying it all there, and the store manager was able to reduce the overall price by over 25%.

I'm renewing my car insurance this week.   Do you think for a minute I will simply accept their first price?  Not a chance.  Never renegotiated with Sky or a telcom provider?  If not, bigger fool you.  Sky has an entire business unit dedicated to negotiating lower prices for those threatening to leave the service.

Ah, added to it.

Who mentioned utility bills?

15 minutes ago, zach said:

Answer the question then. Do you just pay renewal requests or do you question them? 

I dont feel the need to question because I can afford. Thats the whole point of what im saying. If you cant afford something pass it by.  Old saying,  if you have to ask the price,  you cant afford it.  :hihi:

9 minutes ago, zach said:

Ah, added to it.

Utility bills are a daft example.  You agree to the price of the units when y ou sign up to them so you're contractually bound to pay for however many units you use at the price you've agreed.   If you want to get lower priced units, then that is what price comparison websites are for and services like Flipped and Uswitch.

Just now, PRESLEY said:

I dont feel the need to question because I can afford. Thats the whole point of what im saying. If you cant afford something pass it by.  Old saying,  if you have to ask the price,  you cant afford it.  :hihi:

Now this is getting just silly.  In one thread you're boasting that y ou never ask for a lower price because 'you can afford' to pay whatever they ask you, while at the same time complaining that someone haggles over the price of some tat being sold at a carboot sale.

11 minutes ago, zach said:

Ah, added to it.

Try knocking utilltiy companys down  OOPS!  I  forgot you CANT. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, bendix said:

Utility bills are a daft example.  You agree to the price of the units when y ou sign up to them so you're contractually bound to pay for however many units you use at the price you've agreed.   If you want to get lower priced units, then that is what price comparison websites are for and services like Flipped and Uswitch.

I didn't mention bills PRESLEY did, I was wondering why.

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Fair enough lol, 

I'm glad you are so wealthy.

I will continue to question prices, not just blindly accept them.

3 minutes ago, bendix said:

Now this is getting just silly.  In one thread you're boasting that y ou never ask for a lower price because 'you can afford' to pay whatever they ask you, while at the same time complaining that someone haggles over the price of some tat being sold at a carboot sale.

Im not boasting.  Its my opion if I think bartering/ haggling is cheecky.

And you are entitled to that opinion. You seem to have an issue with anyone that doesn't share your opinion and imply they are "less wealthy" than you because of it.

Bit silly really. Or trolling...

22 minutes ago, bendix said:

It's not the same thing at all.  They are two entirely different things.

Bartering:  "In trade, barter (derived from baretor) is a system of exchange where participants in a transaction directly exchange goods or services for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange, such as money."

Haggling:  "To haggle is when two parties involved in a transaction such as the purchase of a good and service negotiate the price until both parties can mutually agree on a fair price. The process of haggling involves two parties making sequential offers and counteroffers to each other until a price is agreed upon. The individual trying to buy the good and service is trying to pay the least amount possible, while the seller's primary objective is to maximize the selling price. Haggling also may go by the names bargaining, quibbling, dickering, or informal negotiating. The act of haggling has been around since ancient times, and continues to this day. It is common in real estate negotiations, car purchases, and at informal flea markets."

Furthermore, haggling is perfectly acceptable on the high street.  Read this:  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/how-to-haggle-successfully/

I bought an entire household of items when i bought my house last year.  I went into Dixons wtih the intention of buying a tv, fridge, washing machine, dryer and small appliances too.  I made it clear that i would expect a significant discount for buying it all there, and the store manager was able to reduce the overall price by over 25%.

I'm renewing my car insurance this week.   Do you think for a minute I will simply accept their first price?  Not a chance.  Never renegotiated with Sky or a telcom provider?  If not, bigger fool you.  Sky has an entire business unit dedicated to negotiating lower prices for those threatening to leave the service.

Went into Dixon's? Did you haggle over a time machine first?