What's happened to the Thai at the Travellers. Holmesfield?

Hi

I remember we   had some memorable Thai food at the Travellers,  in Holmesfield.    Tried to book, but it's closed!

It must have reopened somewhere else, does anybody know where?

BWs

MV

Its been closed for quite a while unfortunately,  no sign of it opening up elsewhere yet- shame as its the only place around S18 that did a half decent green curry.

Pub being converted to a house - planning permission also been granted to build a new house on the car park.

Didn't the staff from this restaurant leave and set up Top Thai on London Road? The food there was wonderful, but sadly it didn't last too long.

Tried to understand more from their Facebook entries,   but they seem now to cook in several different places,  like a freelance Thai.   Perhaps my fault,  never really understood how to use Facebook.

Another pub lost there then. So much housing in Dronfield but little else imho.

On 24/05/2019 at 10:30, jemson said:

Another pub lost there then. So much housing in Dronfield but little else imho.

To be fair you can't call it Dronfield, its definitely Holmesfield.

Dronfield has got a good few pubs now, its a good night out. At the bottom there is the Arms, the newly refurbished Swan plus smiffys wine bar is getting an upgrade, then you have the Manor house, Green dragon and Blue stoops- all within walking distance of each other.

Very true. And I love the Coach & Horses. However, shops and restaurants compared to number of houses is not great. I do like Dronfield and I spend a lot of time there with kids` sport and stuff but don`t think I could live there.

On 06/06/2019 at 12:00, jemson said:

Very true. And I love the Coach & Horses. However, shops and restaurants compared to number of houses is not great. I do like Dronfield and I spend a lot of time there with kids` sport and stuff but don`t think I could live there.

We moved here from Broomhill/Crookes and i must admit compared to those areas  it takes a bit of getting used to! :)

On 06/06/2019 at 12:00, jemson said:

A regular visitor for the same reason as you, and just finding somewhere to get a quick coffee and a snack is sometimes challenging - even Sainsbury's doesn't have a cafe!. Have ended up driving to St James retail park, just for the Costa! The exception is Cafe Familia in the town precinct , which is a great place open during the day.

Yeah. Apparently there`s a new cafe opened now somewhere opposite Stoops - ?

We visited the Butcher and Block  at Broomhill, just after Christmas and the Thai restaurant, which used to be in the Travellers at Holmesfield, is now across the road from the Butcher and Block. I'm not sure of the name of the restaurant but my son knows the lady who ran the business  and popped in to say hello to her.