Time to quit Eurovision?

It’s funny because even before the voting started , the eventual winner, sang with such enthusiasm and musical talent that I knew he would win. With our entry, it wasn’t the singer, but the song that let him down. 

46 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

We could have warmed up John Lennon and George Harrison and put the Beatles up and we'd have still got nil pois.

Why would we have got no peas 😎

Edited by Longcol

46 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

We could have warmed up John Lennon and George Harrison and put the Beatles up and we'd have still got nil pois.

Its time Britain stopped being a major financial contributor to Eurovision.

And spend the money on what?  More benefits or welfare?  Still money down the drain, so what is different?

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Cliff Richard and Sandie Shaw won, many moons ago. Not saying either was a great song though.  Lol.

Cliff Richard never won the Eurovision song contest but he did come second.

48 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

Its time Britain stopped being a major financial contributor to Eurovision.

You do know that Eurovision isn't the EU, don't you?

20 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Cliff Richard never won the Eurovision song contest but he did come second.

"Congratulations" mate, you got me there, I could have sworn he won it with all the hype about that song at the time.

Now in the future Eurovision Song Contest we need a singer like Sinatra who does it “ His Way” !

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Now in the future Eurovision Song Contest we need a singer like Sinatra who does it “ His Way” !

They rolled out englebert Humperdinck a few years back. Honestly, I’ve no idea why people sit through it.

4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They rolled out englebert Humperdinck a few years back. Honestly, I’ve no idea why people sit through it.

Totally agree, I can honestly say that in the almost 37 years I spent in England that I never stayed in Saturday night to watch that load of nursery rhymes put to music.

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Totally agree, I can honestly say that in the almost 37 years I spent in England that I never stayed in Saturday night to watch that load of nursery rhymes put to music.

I used to watch it because of Terry Wogan's commentary.  Graham Norton is just as good.

I recorded the programme as I couldn’t sit and watch all of it. We didn’t deserve to win and as for Madonna it’s time she grew old gracefully.  She must be desperate or she got paid a lot of money to perform on the show.

17 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

My biggest issue is that they have stopped using established artists and instead seem to push for some talent show contestant in some faux attempt at showing the people that their choice counts.

Other countries dont seem to do that.  Many of their acts are already high sellers and established before they even get put up for selection.

I think Germany did something similar, and that did pretty poor too.