Red and yellow Mainline buses

Thanks, @Hook. Quite likely to be going on Sunday for the open day, so no doubt I'll see it.🙂

On 19/05/2019 at 15:08, GleadlessLad said:

They're running at least one single decker in the Mainline colours, in addition to a double decker in the Sheffield City Council Transport Dept colours (Cream & Prussian Blue) & another double decker in the "Coffee & Cream" South Yorkshire County Council colour scheme.  Both of these double deckers run on the 51 route.

I remember how unpopular the introduction of the coffee & cream livery was in Sheffield when South Yorkshire County Council was formed in 1974 & took over the responsibility for the buses from the individual Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley & Doncaster Councils, doing away with each area's unique colours & bringing in a uniform colour scheme across South Yorkshire.

They were phenomenonally unpopular in Donny too, replacing the red corporation buses.

There's an Atlantean at South Yorkshire Transport Museum at Aldwarke in Mainline livery , open day this weekend.

On 03/06/2019 at 16:53, RollingJ said:

Thanks, @Hook. Quite likely to be going on Sunday for the open day, so no doubt I'll see it.🙂

Ooops, sorry, I had forgotten about the Trust, mixed it up with the Museum - where I am going on Sunday.

SYTT open day is 21st July - I'm aiming for that one as well.