Dejphon Chansiri to buy Hillsborough?

It's being reported in the press Dejphon Chansiri is buying Hillsborough and leasing it back to the club!

16 minutes ago, zaci said:

It's being reported in the press Dejphon Chansiri is buying Hillsborough and leasing it back to the club!

Good move. Do you have a source by the way?

Edited by Bash Street

8 minutes ago, zaci said:

Jon Clark said: "We're Sheffield Wednesday, we'll do what we want."

Great reporting as ever by the Star, lol.

Sounds like a great way out of our dilemma, simple transaction and nothing changes except for funding being available to bolster the team. I can envisage things are going to drastically change in Sheffield over the next 12 months. UTO,WAWAW

24 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Haha, can't wait for the fickle opinion this one 😂......be fun to watch it play out. 

Years off listening to fans from S6 harping on about how McCabe was asset stripping the club, when all he actually did was sound business sense. He removed assets and separated running costs from the footballing side of things....

Wendesday's chairman does it as a last gasp effort to try and escape FFP sanctions and suddenly it's a sound business move! haha. 

Wednesday fans, the bias gift that keeps on giving!....

Keep up the hard work......

Yours truly....

Your high flying, PREMIER LEAGUE, pub league neighbours!

McCabe saw the sign off things to come and feathered his other nests with United money (Tevez anyone?) the deal our chairman is doing is slightly different, any lease will go back to the club and not the Scarborough group or McCabe's other interests-You need to keep an eye on any other skeletons that come out of the closet in the next 5 weeks as they may define what you do next season!

Posts have been removed. The childish bickering and baiting ends now.
Back on topic, this thread is about Hillsborough, theres already a thread about Uniteds court case.

Edited by nikki-red

46 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Who's this Jon Clark and his 'we' **** ? Another quote there from a bloke 'To be honest' or some other people in different contexts,  'to be perfectly honest with you' really gets up my nose all my life, as in were they not going to be truthful when giving an answer to anything else ?

This story broke in the times 3 days ago..........

DC has spent himself into a corner and this is his answer,if its to finance another managers spending splurge then its futile,a more prudent approach is whats needed.

Weve signed some absolute dross under DC,the wages have spiralled,with barely any outgoings,and weve an injury list as long as penistone road.

Recruitment has to be far smarter and budgets have to be set that keep us well under the ffp radar.

Im not sure I trust this guy chansiri,I know thia people are very honourable.do we trust his integrity?

The  FL will be looking at what we and derby have done,Villa & Leeds both set to follow us as both are on or over the ffp base line no wonder the boro chairman Gibson is spouting off about us,we arent breaking any rules,but we are bending them to suit us and thats what Gibson is mouthing off about.

If wed taken a more stringent,budgeted approach to the transfer market from the off there wouldnt be any need to mortgage the home we live in.

Untill the details of the sale and any future plans are made public Il reserve my judgement,but Ive been less than impressed with Chansiri thus far

Edited by staninoodle

I TOLD YOU ALL months ago that this was going to happen  and all i got was it was against the rules and could not be done,well we have done it and that now means we have loads of dosh to spend,get good young players that will play in the premier league and not just come back down again like lots do,so well done to chansiri and premier here we come 2019/20,its so easy when your team has cash.

I read that Villa are looking at doing the same if they don't get promoted to the PL. Why shouldn't clubs use their assets to their benefit, the clubs that get relegated from the PL get their parachute payments to cover the high wages they pay the players. Clubs should negotiate contracts that say if we are relegated from the PL then there will be a cut in the wages, as it is, they can keep the supposedly better quality players on high PL wages.