The last person to post on this thread wins (part 10)

😄  😄

I've just had two lovely runny boiled eggs and two slices of granary bread ........ yummy !

Shortly I'll be going to Aldi to pick up a few bits then that's me done 'till grandsons come home from school for their tea.    What an exciting life I have.       😂

29 minutes ago, francypants said:

😄  😄

I've just had two lovely runny boiled eggs and two slices of granary bread ........ yummy !

Shortly I'll be going to Aldi to pick up a few bits then that's me done 'till grandsons come home from school for their tea.    What an exciting life I have.       😂

Not like the old days Fran..

Wake up to the milk man rattling his crates, then watch the postman doing his deliveries.. the binmen then arrived humping the old metal bins on their shoulders.. sometimes the coalman would arrive and dump 10 sacks of coil in coilhouse.. the watter works man would come up the street with his T shaped tools and let the water out of the drains.. all before 11am..  WOW.. so we built up an appetite , and right on cue, along came the Fletchers van, an elephants foot please (yummy)..  Then, wait for it, the highlight of the day...

THE RAGMAN !   rags old, any old rags.. MAM MAM got any rags, ragmans here.. she used to give me some rags, and say , get me some donkey stone, duh, I wanted a goldfish.. nearly forgot the ice cream man, 3d of ice cream in a cup, exciting or what...

What memories.

One day when I was little, my mom gave my sister and myself some old clothes to take out to the ragman.

We asked for two balloons but he would only give us one between us.   We ran back and told mom who chased after his cart down the road and she snatched her old clothes back off his cart shouting " if they can't have a balloon each, you're not having these "  and she marched back up the road.   My sister and I still laugh about it now.       🤣

1 hour ago, francypants said:

What memories.

One day when I was little, my mom gave my sister and myself some old clothes to take out to the ragman.

We asked for two balloons but he would only give us one between us.   We ran back and told mom who chased after his cart down the road and she snatched her old clothes back off his cart shouting " if they can't have a balloon each, you're not having these "  and she marched back up the road.   My sister and I still laugh about it now.       🤣

Ahh Francy, you want a balloon, here you are...……     🎈

Aw !    thanks Pads.

That red balloon reminds me of when my daughter was a toddler.  ( She's  43 now ) All she ever wanted one Christmas was a red balloon.   So sweet.       🤣

1 hour ago, francypants said:

Aw !    thanks Pads.

That red balloon reminds me of when my daughter was a toddler.  ( She's  43 now ) All she ever wanted one Christmas was a red balloon.   So sweet.       🤣

Same here, but it was a red torch..

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Same here, but it was a red torch..

Aw !  that's sweet too.

A quite word please Fran...……...

SHIFT !

38 minutes ago, Padders said:

SHIFT !

I was going to ask her that but I am in a courteousmood today 

16 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

I was going to ask her that but I am in a courteousmood today 

You will never win this thread Rudds being courteous .

I stamp my authority, lead from the front, I'm a warrior , the winner....

17 minutes ago, Padders said:

You will never win this thread Rudds being courteous .

I stamp my authority, lead from the front, I'm a warrior , the winner....

Until Jane regains her form

2 hours ago, Padders said:

SHIFT !

Oo  Err  !         NO.

Hi Jane,   how are you today ?