lunch trip for elderly persons' club

I'm looking for a pub, a hotel or a hostelry with a private hire room which can seat 40 people and serve lunch.

It needs to have easy access from the car park to the building, spacious toilet facilities,

and if possible a view over hills and countryside.

Not more than 7 miles from the Hallamshire Hospital.  Any ideas, please?

4 hours ago, florence kat said:

I'm looking for a pub, a hotel or a hostelry with a private hire room which can seat 40 people and serve lunch.

It needs to have easy access from the car park to the building, spacious toilet facilities,

and if possible a view over hills and countryside.

Not more than 7 miles from the Hallamshire Hospital.  Any ideas, please?

The Garrison at at Hillsborough do afternoon lunches in there restaurant with entertainment thrown in, musicals to Vera Lynn impersonator , Doris Day and Elvis.

It's  not too expensive and the foods good, check it out on line for their special dates.

It's  usually 12pm until 3pm, they accommodate many small coach trips.

The next one is on the 30th of May but maybe booked up now.

Try the Millstone at Hathersage. It’s got the location, views etc., altho’ it’s c 9 miles from the RHH. Good value, crossing the road’s a bit of a problem, you really need the bus to be pointing uphill to discharge the pax.

Three Merry Lads at Lodge Moor, not quite sure if they have a private hire room though. 

Just across from the three merry lads, I'd recommend the Sportsman. Views are amazing and food is delicious. Car park just outside.