SYPTE put a bus shelter on a road with no buses.

I see that to add to the tales of woe that the PTE have just built a bus shelter on Tickhill Road in Rotherham a street with no buses. Even when buses ran there were I am told only 2 a day  which one would have thought would have not met any basic cost benefit analysis were the PTE  to adopt such methodology to guide its investment.

still no problem the bill will just inflate our council tax bills  and no one will be disciplined for such waste

Total stupidity - but what else do you expect from the load of idiots that run the PTE?

Have you pointed out their stupidity to them?

They're already aware and hoping to move it elsewhere. Apparently they didn't spell a road name correctly on it as well!

Sounds like it was earmarked for upgrade before the service was taken from the road, and the work wasn't cancelled as it should have been.

Edited by vwkittie

As I said, @vwkittie - a load of incompetent wastes of money.:rant:

5 hours ago, amnicoll said:

I see that to add to the tales of woe that the PTE have just built a bus shelter on Tickhill Road in Rotherham a street with no buses. Even when buses ran there were I am told only 2 a day  which one would have thought would have not met any basic cost benefit analysis were the PTE  to adopt such methodology to guide its investment.

still no problem the bill will just inflate our council tax bills  and no one will be disciplined for such waste

Do you mean Tickhill Road in Maltby?

This is not new, they also built a bus pull-in on Greenland Road (just before Senior Road) which no busses have every used but hey-ho, it's not their money is it?

17 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Total stupidity - but what else do you expect from the load of idiots that run the PTE?

Have you pointed out their stupidity to them?

In the past yes but it is water off a ducks back. After all they were quite happy to have the tram dot matrix show completely fictitious tram times simply because the times were "sometimes" correct

2 hours ago, amnicoll said:

In the past yes but it is water off a ducks back. After all they were quite happy to have the tram dot matrix show completely fictitious tram times simply because the times were "sometimes" correct

Because I'm a bolshie individual, I would be pointing out their incompetence loudly - but that's just me 😀

I do and this was picked up by The Times but complaining to them is a waste of time 

With regards to the dot matrix I was on local radio and even the Star ran an articl.

our counillors and MPs do nothing just forward the complaints 

I totally agree, @amnicoll - rather like complaining to First, but at least there I have a couple of efficient and useful contacts.

The Executive director of SYPTE refuses to engage in debate with me after my numerous complaints preferring to bury his head in the sand

many organisations have customer service departments that are a waste of space but some in fairness do respond in a proper manner. I usually now complain direct to the top person as it tends to generate not just a quick response but also a positive one.