Facial recognition cameras

Just now, Pettytom said:

If you capture images outside your own boundaries, you have to ensure that you comply with DPA/GDPR. 

Rubbish. Prove it,

11 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Rubbish. Prove it,

Look it up for yourself. I can’t be doing with your rudeness.

It took me 30 seconds to find the ICO advice. I’d have gladly shared it if you had asked nicely.

34 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

If you capture images outside your own boundaries, you have to ensure that you comply with DPA/GDPR. 

How does that sit with other comments in the thread , saying if you're in a public place then people can take your picture?

Just now, Voice of reason said:

How does that sit with other comments in the thread , saying if you're in a public place then people can take your picture?

The pictures aren’t the problem. The use of the pictures is.

Just now, Pettytom said:

The pictures aren’t the problem. The use of the pictures is.

Can you expand?

3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Can you expand?

As you are a polite and pleasant member of the SF community, here is the Government guidance, with links to the ICO. 😀

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

It looks to me as though you can film the street with your CCTV, but you have to respect the privacy of those who get filmed.

Edited by Pettytom

9 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

As you are a polite and pleasant member of the SF community, here is the Government guidance, with links to the ICO. 😀

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

It looks to me as though you can film the street with your CCTV, but you have to respect the privacy of those who get filmed.

Interesting stuff, thanks.

Essentially if filming outside your boundary, you need to display signage it's in operation, have a good reason for doing so that outweighs the privacy of the passer-by (?) , delete stuff if asked unless good reason to keep. But it is covered by general data protection according to that.

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Interesting stuff, thanks.

Essentially if filming outside your boundary, you need to display signage it's in operation, have a good reason for doing so that outweighs the privacy of the passer-by (?) , delete stuff if asked unless good reason to keep. But it is covered by general data protection according to that.

That’s what I made of it too. An almost sensible set of regulations. Who’d have expected that?

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

That’s what I made of it too. An almost sensible set of regulations. Who’d have expected that?

Sack those responsible immediately 😀