Facial recognition cameras

Well I suppose he could always say it’s for religious reasons why his face is covered.

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

Getting fined for covering up your face as you walk by is now a crime.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-16/uk-cops-fine-pedestrian-115-avoiding-facial-recognition-camera-public-street

It is not a crime.

He was fined for using the f-word at the cop which is a public order offence.

19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is not a crime.

He was fined for using the f-word at the cop which is a public order offence.

Links to this please. I can't find any. Fined for covering his face is all I can see.

This has to be said, what about those who cover their faces for "religious" reasons. Will they be fined also.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Links to this please. I can't find any. Fined for covering his face is all I can see.

That is just a tabloid headline.

I saw the full video and a number of times he told the police that he wasn't <removed> taking anything off his face, and was issued a fine for disorderly conduct under the Public Order  Act.

Edited by nikki-red

A 90 pound fine for covering your face so as not to be filmed is a disgrace.

People should be up in arms over this.

He clearly was not fined for using the f word - some people are in denial..

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That is just a tabloid headline.

I saw the full video and a number of times he told the police that he wasn't <removed> taking anything off his face, and was issued a fine for disorderly conduct under the Public Order  Act.

But why was he being asked to take the covering off his face?

If he had said no politely, would the police have said ‘ok fine, no problem’? If so, why were they asking him to remove it in the first place? 

Edited by nikki-red

30 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

He clearly was not fined for using the f word - some people are in denial..

He clearly was, which is why he was given a fixed penalty fine for disorderly conduct.

There is no such offence as refusing to remove a face covering. A police officer can require a person to remove a face covering but only as part of a Section 60 stop and search and they can only do that if they have reasonable grounds to search you and only then if they believe the face covering is an attempt to disguise their identity.

Neither was the case here and the police knew that and gave him a fixed penalty for swearing at them. Others refused to be filmed or photographed and no action was taken.

55 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He clearly was, which is why he was given a fixed penalty fine for disorderly conduct.

There is no such offence as refusing to remove a face covering. A police officer can require a person to remove a face covering but only as part of a Section 60 stop and search and they can only do that if they have reasonable grounds to search you and only then if they believe the face covering is an attempt to disguise their identity.

Neither was the case here and the police knew that and gave him a fixed penalty for swearing at them. Others refused to be filmed or photographed and no action was taken.

Why was he being asked to remove his face covering? 

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Why was he being asked to remove his face covering? 

Because the police were trialing a facial recognition camera van in Romford Essex and wanted to capture as many public faces as possible.