Jump to content

Facial recognition cameras

Recommended Posts

Well I suppose he could always say it’s for religious reasons why his face is covered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

Getting fined for covering up your face as you walk by is now a crime.

 

 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-16/uk-cops-fine-pedestrian-115-avoiding-facial-recognition-camera-public-street

 

It is not a crime.

 

He was fined for using the f-word at the cop which is a public order offence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is not a crime.

 

He was fined for using the f-word at the cop which is a public order offence.

Links to this please. I can't find any. Fined for covering his face is all I can see.

 

This has to be said, what about those who cover their faces for "religious" reasons. Will they be fined also.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Links to this please. I can't find any. Fined for covering his face is all I can see.

That is just a tabloid headline.

 

I saw the full video and a number of times he told the police that he wasn't <removed> taking anything off his face, and was issued a fine for disorderly conduct under the Public Order  Act.

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 90 pound fine for covering your face so as not to be filmed is a disgrace.

 

People should be up in arms over this.

 

He clearly was not fined for using the f word - some people are in denial..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That is just a tabloid headline.

 

I saw the full video and a number of times he told the police that he wasn't <removed> taking anything off his face, and was issued a fine for disorderly conduct under the Public Order  Act.

But why was he being asked to take the covering off his face?

 

If he had said no politely, would the police have said ‘ok fine, no problem’? If so, why were they asking him to remove it in the first place? 

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

He clearly was not fined for using the f word - some people are in denial..

He clearly was, which is why he was given a fixed penalty fine for disorderly conduct.

 

There is no such offence as refusing to remove a face covering. A police officer can require a person to remove a face covering but only as part of a Section 60 stop and search and they can only do that if they have reasonable grounds to search you and only then if they believe the face covering is an attempt to disguise their identity.

 

Neither was the case here and the police knew that and gave him a fixed penalty for swearing at them. Others refused to be filmed or photographed and no action was taken.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He clearly was, which is why he was given a fixed penalty fine for disorderly conduct.

 

There is no such offence as refusing to remove a face covering. A police officer can require a person to remove a face covering but only as part of a Section 60 stop and search and they can only do that if they have reasonable grounds to search you and only then if they believe the face covering is an attempt to disguise their identity.

 

Neither was the case here and the police knew that and gave him a fixed penalty for swearing at them. Others refused to be filmed or photographed and no action was taken.

 

 

Why was he being asked to remove his face covering? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Why was he being asked to remove his face covering? 

Because the police were trialing a facial recognition camera van in Romford Essex and wanted to capture as many public faces as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.