Pipworth Road Infant School

Hi I grew up on the manor and I'm a teaching assistant at pipworth school. It is the schools 90th anniversary in October and I am trying to gather photos of the school, staff, pupils and memories people have of being at pipworth over the years for a celebration display. If anyone has any photos, newspaper clippings, historical facts or would like to share a memory please please get in touch. Thank you so much I hope I can pull this off.

Edited by nikki-red

I  once spent a few days at Pipworth as a student teacher about twelve years ago. I remember being a bit taken aback by how poor some of the children were, but also very impressed with the care and dedication of the staff. My favourite memory was the day it started snowing and the teacher immediately stopped the lesson and let all the kids outside.

A few decent photos on the Picture Sheffield  site.

Think my first wife went there as a child - Margaret Rose Turner, she had 3 older sisters and an older brother

Born 1942

Victor - hot and sunny Malaysia

Hi  Yes I attended Pipworth road School lived and grew up on the Manor estate , photos sorry no , teachers names Mr Jackson ( woodwork ) Mr Sanderson ( History & Sports ) Mrs Jaguars ( Sport & Art ) Headteacher Mr Lamb .

On 17/05/2019 at 16:42, Halibut said:

I  once spent a few days at Pipworth as a student teacher about twelve years ago. I remember being a bit taken aback by how poor some of the children were, but also very impressed with the care and dedication of the staff. My favourite memory was the day it started snowing and the teacher immediately stopped the lesson and let all the kids outside.

You were « taken aback » by how poor some of the children were ? In a school that takes kids from the Manor estate. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

You were « taken aback » by how poor some of the children were ? In a school that takes kids from the Manor estate. 

Yes. I knew real poverty existed, but that was the first time I'd seen it up close.

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

Yes. I knew real poverty existed, but that was the first time I'd seen it up close.

Ok 👍 

10 hours ago, Halibut said:

real poverty, compared to real poverty they lived in luxury.

if  you want to see real poverty and got a few Gs to spare, i will take you to see real poverty.

This is not a wind up post either, i am serious.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:42, Halibut said:

Let the kids outside to play in the snow or for them to go home ?

32 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Let the kids outside to play in the snow or for them to go home ?

To play in the snow.

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

To play in the snow.

Thank you.