Ancestry search from the U.S.

My grand mother and grandfather lived on Cyclops Street at #40 in 1915. Names were Jesse Frederick and Esther Russell. Most of the neighbors are deceased but is it possible someone who was a child at that time remembers them?  Also trying to find a picture of cyclops street about that time.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, yorkborn@gmx.co said:

My grand mother and grandfather lived on Cyclops Street at #40 in 1915. Names were Jesse Frederick and Esther Russell. Most of the neighbors are deceased but is it possible someone who was a child at that time remembers them?  Also trying to find a picture of cyclops street about that time.  Thanks.

Can't help with a photograph of Cyclops Street from 1915!   Here's one taken in 1975 from the  Picture Sheffield collection!

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s25323&pos=46&action=zoom&id=27767

2 hours ago, yorkborn@gmx.co said:

You'll be struggling for anyone living to be honest, but sometimes it's possible to find descendants of siblings or wider family, and you never know what they might know.

I've had a quick look but can't find a Jesse Frederick in Sheffield at any time, there are a few Esther Russell's though. If you can give any more clues, ie birth death or marriage info I'll have another look......Ignore the last bit...I've just found them on the '39 Register living at 55 Southey Place...I'll dig a little more asap.

Having dug a little more Jesse married Esther Howe in 1911...his address was given as 32 Cyclops St.

As for pics...search this forum and there are a couple of old threads linking to Picture Sheffield...I can't help on identifying them as I'm not from round there...but I'm sure some on here can help.

Edited by sadbrewer

On 15/05/2019 at 17:59, sadbrewer said:

You'll be struggling for anyone living to be honest, but sometimes it's possible to find descendants of siblings or wider family, and you never know what they might know.

I've had a quick look but can't find a Jesse Frederick in Sheffield at any time, there are a few Esther Russell's though. If you can give any more clues, ie birth death or marriage info I'll have another look......Ignore the last bit...I've just found them on the '39 Register living at 55 Southey Place...I'll dig a little more asap.

Having dug a little more Jesse married Esther Howe in 1911...his address was given as 32 Cyclops St.

As for pics...search this forum and there are a couple of old threads linking to Picture Sheffield...I can't help on identifying them as I'm not from round there...but I'm sure some on here can help.

Edited by beezerboy
OOPS SENT WITH OUT INFO

Godfrey Edition Ordnance Survey map Sheffield (North)  1905 is very detailed. Cyclops Street is at top right . Sorry I am unable to reproduce it for you.    (Yorkshire Sheet 294.04)

Printers address :- Peterson Printers , 12 Laygate, South Shields, UK

Edited by beezerboy
Maps available on line

What about the 1911census that may help you 

On 17/05/2019 at 10:14, beezerboy said:

From my informant:-

Have you looked at :UK outward passengers on ships departing UK from
1890-1960 orFind my past for British citizens 1851-1903
For US search libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger/www.familysearc.org/wiki and scroll down to country
you are searching in clicking Emigration&Immigration.

Our Ralph paled on with a lad called Rowley Hawkes and he seems to think that he new 
someone from the Russells.?   

Try asking for info on Sheffield Forum ,       Anyone from Grimesthorpe  Part 3,    
Edited by beezerboy

I was born at 32cyclopsst