Chris Wilder - LMA Manager of the Year and Championship Manager of the Year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48276413  

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has been named LMA manager of the year and Championship manager of the year.

Wilder guided Sheffield United to a second-placed finish in the Championship table, securing promotion to the Premier League next season.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp and Norwich's Daniel Farke were also shortlisted for the main prize.

Sir Alex Ferguson and England manager Gareth Southgate presented the award.

Guardiola was named Premier League manager of the year after his Manchester City side finished a point above Liverpool to win back-to-back top-flight titles.

Liverpool boss Klopp was shortlisted for that award too, alongside Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino and Wolves' Nuno Espirito Santo.

Lincoln's Danny Cowley won the League Two award and Luton's Mick Harford, who took over in mid-season for the remainder of the campaign, won the League One award.

Tottenham's Karen Hills won the Women's Championship award after gaining promotion to the top tier, while Arsenal's Joe Montemurro picked up the Women's Super League prize after a title-winning season.

Pat Godbold, who has been involved at Ipswich in various roles for 65 years, was given the LMA Service to Football award at the event in London.

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48276413  

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has been named LMA manager of the year and Championship manager of the year.

Wilder guided Sheffield United to a second-placed finish in the Championship table, securing promotion to the Premier League next season.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp and Norwich's Daniel Farke were also shortlisted for the main prize.

Sir Alex Ferguson and England manager Gareth Southgate presented the award.

Guardiola was named Premier League manager of the year after his Manchester City side finished a point above Liverpool to win back-to-back top-flight titles.

Liverpool boss Klopp was shortlisted for that award too, alongside Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino and Wolves' Nuno Espirito Santo.

Lincoln's Danny Cowley won the League Two award and Luton's Mick Harford, who took over in mid-season for the remainder of the campaign, won the League One award.

Tottenham's Karen Hills won the Women's Championship award after gaining promotion to the top tier, while Arsenal's Joe Montemurro picked up the Women's Super League prize after a title-winning season.

Pat Godbold, who has been involved at Ipswich in various roles for 65 years, was given the LMA Service to Football award at the event in London.

Excellent news, Well done Chris and congratulations.:clap: Nice to see an Englishman beat out all the foreign managers for the overall title, especially with all the goings on in the premiership this year. Isn't he also a Sheffielder?

Even as an Owl I have to say this is richly deserved.

Yeah, he can definitely manage, of that there's no doubt.

It's not a dig, but finishing 2nd to Farke but getting the top award seems a bit strange to me.

That said, Wilder's been doing great things for the last few years with Northampton and Oxford amongst others, so he deserves whatever credit he gets.

He is arrogant at times, he has his moods, his faults and can't resist childish digs from time to time, other than that, I would have liked him to be a Wednesday man.

United are first, very lucky to have him,  and second, very lucky that he is a Blade.

If he wasn't a Blade, United wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today, and CW would have been at another club .

It's 90% down to CW, and he deserves it.

Well done Mr. Wilder!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

4 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It's not a dig, but finishing 2nd to Farke but getting the top award seems a bit strange to me.

That said, Wilder's been doing great things for the last few years with Northampton and Oxford amongst others, so he deserves whatever credit he gets.

He is arrogant at times, he has his moods, his faults and can't resist childish digs from time to time, other than that, I would have liked him to be a Wednesday man.

United are first, very lucky to have him,  and second, very lucky that he is a Blade.

If he wasn't a Blade, United wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today, and CW would have been at another club .

Well done Mr. Wilder!

Great days

Only the 5th, non-premier league manager to win the overall LMA title.

Not a bad season for Chris Wilder, one he will never forget.

Farke has done very well - no-one is doubting that - but he doesn't have the string of successes at all levels that Chris Wilder has enjoyed.

It would be fantastic if the public voted CW Manager of the Year but what makes this that bit more special is that the votes came from people who are really in the know - fellow club managers.

Well and truly deserved.

7 hours ago, SgtDave said:

Farke has done very well - no-one is doubting that - but he doesn't have the string of successes at all levels that Chris Wilder has enjoyed.

It would be fantastic if the public voted CW Manager of the Year but what makes this that bit more special is that the votes came from people who are really in the know - fellow club managers.

Well and truly deserved.

Everyone is clicking on to what us Blades have known for sometime .I can not think of another manager I would want in the Blades hot seat the man is a genius he would take some replacing.

It is nothing but good news after good news coming out of Sheff 2 I just hope it continues down at the Law courts in London.

Edited by petcharlie
extra

10 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Well done Mr. Wilder!

Thanks Hots you are right the Blades success is all down to him .If  we had not got him I could see us still in the third div .Always worth a read your posts Hots.

Thanks Pet. With it being 'manager of the year' Wilder's previous achievements shouldn't be taken in to account. I can only assume that the other managers recognised that CW had only spent 10 bob to build what he's built. Farke's obviously more successful, but I suspect he's shelled a shed load of dosh to do it.

What was going on in the boardroom makes it even more of an acheivement, well done that man.