Thieving Goes Unpunished. Lack of Police.

4 hours ago, WalkleyIan said:

Local inspector attended our forum meeting on Monday after a spate in burglaries and car thefts this spring.

I'm not going to go into the politics of it  (we all know about the massive cuts in numbers of uniformed officers) but he now has just two officers to cover city centre, upperthorpe, Walkley Broomhall, crosspool and Deepcar, not including the few PCSOs. When he joined the police 20 years ago he had a sergeant stationed in each area 

What did shock me was the time spent dealing with mental health and domestics. 60% of their time is now dealing with mental health problems picking up the sort of issues that used to be dealt with by the NHS. Made worse by a big reduction in the number of mental health nurses. 

The good news on our burglary epidemic is that 4 suspects have been arrested, 2 are on remand and 2 on bail and it seems to have calmed down

Not so good news, they won't be coming out to any car crimes unless there is the possibility of DNA evidence.

The advice was to keep using the online reporting systems even if an incident seem minor as it builds up a pattern for them to target resources. 

I work for the police, (albeit not a police officer) and it is true regarding the amount of mental health related incidents that police officers attend.  

18 hours ago, AlAN J said:

The police are too busy dealing with hate speech  on the internet. They also have a fondness of harassing people in pursuit of lawful activity. 

Like most other things  in the public sector it's easy to waste money then complain there isn't enough.

One Friday morning last year we joined the M18 from the M1 north about 7am.,  a couple of minutes later we slowed to a crawl then heard on the radio  a lorry had broken down towards the A1 junction on Thursday evening,, when we eventually reached there it was half  on the hard shoulder and half on the inside lane with 6 policemen stood around, 

When we came the other way about 7pm it was still there again with 6 police still stood around, the traffic stretched back nearly to the M1.

I heard on the radio it'd been moved the following day. What a great use of resources.

Edited by gomgeg
Missing word

24 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

Like most other things  in the public sector it's easy to waste money then complain there isn't enough.

One Friday morning last year we joined the M18 from the M1 north about 7am.,  a couple of minutes later we slowed to a crawl then heard on the radio  a lorry had broken down towards the A1 junction on Thursday evening,, when we eventually reached there it was half  on the hard shoulder and half on the inside lane with 6 policemen stood around, 

When we came the other way about 7pm it was still there again with 6 police still stood around, the traffic stretched back nearly to the M1.

I heard on the radio it'd been moved the following day. What a great use of resources.

You should offer your services to the police  as a consultant 

Edited by Pettytom

46 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You should offer your services to the police  as a consultant 

I'm retired, so too busy.

I expect you're the same so you know how it is or you could help them out.

20 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

You explained the problem right at the beginning.

Too few police.

Unfortunately people only realise this when they are impacted themselves or see unpunished crimes taking place.

Then they complain 

And yet they still find plenty of time and resources to investigate, say, silly pictures of monkeys on Twitter.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

And yet they still find plenty of time and resources to investigate, say, silly pictures of monkeys on Twitter.

Posting pictures of monkeys on Twitter isn't illegal, so I'm not sure why the police would be investigating them. 🙄

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Posting pictures of monkeys on Twitter isn't illegal, so I'm not sure why the police would be investigating them. 🙄

Me neither, thankfully they dropped it before wasting any more time on it.

https://inews.co.uk/news/danny-baker-racist-tweet-royal-baby-police-investigation-dropped/

If only they'd pay as much attention to reports of theft and burglary as they do to silly Tweets.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It’s part of new patterns of crime. They have too much to cover.

Whats this about a monkey though?

2 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Me neither, thankfully they dropped it before wasting any more time on it.

https://inews.co.uk/news/danny-baker-racist-tweet-royal-baby-police-investigation-dropped/

If only they'd pay as much attention to reports of theft and burglary as they do to silly Tweets.

Looks like they did exactly what you said.

Had a quick look at the monkey picture, decided to do nothing.

11 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No doubt after what I saw, lack of Police is a hindrance. More than that even, a complete disgrace.

Angel1

It is a complete disgrace. The reason it is a complete disgrace is because of laziness. There are far too many lazy people working in the services such as the Police and NHS who don't want to do a honest day's work. 

I am a volunteer driver which involves driving people to doctors  and hospital appointments.  Yesterday I had a call on my private phone from someone who I have previously taken to appointments.  The gentlemen who rung me up told me he needed to get to the chemist for advice because he couldn't get an appointment at his doctors for 3 weeks.  I took the gentlemen to the chemist and he was advised by the chemist to push his Doctor's surgery for a quicker appointment because they couldn't prescribe the medicine he needed without a prescription from a Doctor.  I rung the gentleman up this morning to see if he needed transport to the Doctors and he had been  told because he hadn't rung up at 8.00 am he had missed all emergency appointments for the day and he needed to ring up tomorrow at 8.00 am to get an emergency appointment.  I was so worried about the Gentleman that I told him to get ready and I would take him to the Doctors and wait with him until he received help.  When we arrived at the Doctors surgery  we were told by the receptionist that there were no Doctors on the premises because they closed at dinner time on a Wednesday.  I told the receptionist that I would have to take the Gentleman to the nearest hospital, if he couldn't be treated there and was interrupted  by a lady Doctor who told me to bring the Gentleman into her room. The lady Doctor gave the Gentleman the prescription he needed after less than five minutes.   The Doctors surgery have their own chemist on the premises and while we were waiting for the medicine I noticed at least six  staff behind the counter who were just talking to each other and doing no work.   I will receive  no petrol expenses for helping the gentleman because I was not authorised to give him the help he needed.

Edited by Lockdoctor

32 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I know it because I was there a heard the women discussing their nails.  

I am touched you missed me.  I haven't been postings for a while because I have been too busy doing other things.

Don't worry, your tag team partner Car Boot was keeping us all amused with his increasingly bonkers pronouncements!

By the way, it is not against the law to talk about your nails at work.

51 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It is a complete disgrace. The reason it is a complete disgrace is because of laziness. There are far too many lazy people working in the services such as the Police and NHS who don't want to do a honest day's work. 

I am a volunteer driver which involves driving people to doctors  and hospital appointments.  Yesterday I had a call on my private phone from someone who I have previously taken to appointments.  The gentlemen who rung me up told me he needed to get to the chemist for advice because he couldn't get an appointment at his doctors for 3 weeks.  I took the gentlemen to the chemist and he was advised by the chemist to push his Doctor's surgery for a quicker appointment because they couldn't prescribe the medicine he needed without a prescription from a Doctor.  I rung the gentleman up this morning to see if he needed transport to the Doctors and he had been  told because he hadn't rung up at 8.00 am he had missed all emergency appointments for the day and he needed to ring up tomorrow at 8.00 am to get an emergency appointment.  I was so worried about the Gentleman that I told him to get ready and I would take him to the Doctors and wait with him until he received help.  When we arrived at the Doctors surgery  we were told by the receptionist that there were no Doctors on the premises because they closed at dinner time on a Wednesday.  I told the receptionist that I would have to take the Gentleman to the nearest hospital, if he couldn't be treated there and was interrupted  by a lady Doctor who told me to bring the Gentleman into her room. The lady Doctor gave the Gentleman the prescription he needed after less than five minutes.   The Doctors surgery have their own chemist on the premises and while we were waiting for the medicine I noticed at least six  staff behind the counter who were just talking to each other and doing no work.   I will receive  no petrol expenses for helping the gentleman because I was not authorised to give him the help he needed.

I know we've crossed words but you're the sort of person propping the nhs up, and clearly helping the old chap in your post. I wonder what would happen if you, and thousands, don't do what you do? People - mainly old people - would struggle and die I'd suggest. Im at the coalface so to speak with a couple of people and looking in, the NHS is really on it's last legs.