Where to buy a gas canister for a bbq?

Hi

Has anyone any recommendations for where to buy around town? I went bbq and was 80 for a deposit and gas, which seemed expensive.

Thanks

Adam

A good portion of petrol stations sell them.

You will pay more to buy a new one as opposed to already having one and just "refilling" it.

Gas and Hire. 

Shepcote lane.... greenland road end

Im sure i never paid a deposit.

eBay.

Almost everyone loses their hire agreement paperwork so they can't take it back to claim the deposit so they sell them on eBay.

Usually collection only as most couriers wont handle gas bottles.

I have been trying to sell an empty blue butane container for months' with no response from anyone locally in Sheffield or the Forum, I was thinking of cutting it up to make a metal open furnace, sadly the other half persuaded me it was a bad idea. A Reasonable offer accepted, say £5.00 is better than the £50 people who sell them charge?

11 minutes ago, DeZeus said:

I have been trying to sell an empty blue butane container for months' with no response from anyone locally in Sheffield or the Forum, I was thinking of cutting it up to make a metal open furnace, sadly the other half persuaded me it was a bad idea. A Reasonable offer accepted, say £5.00 is better than the £50 people who sell them charge?

When you see 32 kg 'blue' bottles fly tipped all over the place you will struggle to get a fiver for one.

If you do want to cut it up by the way, remove the valve and fill with cold water. Let it sit for a week to absorb the oxygen and gas molecules from the steel surface. Empty the water and refill them put the valve back in and cut with an angle grinder. 

A bit messy but safe.

Gas cylinders are the property of the company that make and refill them. There are a few exceptions, a few disposable cylinders.  Thats why people won't by them off you. You might get a domestic persone to buy them so they can part ex it for  a full one. 

We found Flo gas cheaper than Calor but when I last looked on the websites there didn't seem much in it. The webistes tell you where you can go to get one retail.