Westwood worth a 2 year contract?

Looks like we could risk loosing him by only offering a 1 year contract. Should we be giving him a 2 or even 3 year contract or stick to our guns.

I'll admit I was all for him leaving in the last window as I felt Dawson was more than capable of taking his place however I'd now give him what he wants to make sure we keep him, within reason anyway. One of the top keepers in this league and a hard player to replace.  It might just be paper talk but it's worrying

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Looks like we could risk loosing him by only offering a 1 year contract. Should we be giving him a 2 or even 3 year contract or stick to our guns.

I'll admit I was all for him leaving in the last window as I felt Dawson was more than capable of taking his place however I'd now give him what he wants to make sure we keep him, within reason anyway. One of the top keepers in this league and a hard player to replace.  It might just be paper talk but it's worrying

I wouldn't worry mate, first contract offers are always a bit lesser its been like that forever, he'll be our No1 keeper next season I'm sure.

Whether he stays or leaves, and i would like to see him stay.   SB will have all the bases covered, i ,m sure. 

Rather Wildsmith than Dawson for me, whatever else happens.

Westwood is easily good for another 3 years, and the word is, he only wants two.

I'd sign him, no bother.

Westwood wants to stay and it would be a shame to lose one of the best keepers in the division. Goalkeepers usually have a lot longer career than outfield players, I wonder if the offer of a one year contract is down to his long time on the sidelines last year. Surely he is worth the risk of a two year contract.

Edited by iansheff

54 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Westwood wants to stay and it would be a shame to lose one of the best keepers in the division. Goalkeepers usually have a lot longer career than outfield players, I wonder if the offer of a one year contract is down to his long time on the sidelines last year. Surely he is worth the risk of a two year contract.

It might be. Aslong as we have a good enough back up though I'd take the chance. Even a 3 year with a drop in wages if he'd take that. I trust Bruce to get it sorted for the best