Jeremy Kyle Show, suspended after guest dies.

They are just chav who  will do anything just to get on telly. :roll:

Yep standard badge of honour type thing, be the talk of the council estate for a couple of days.

It's not like anyone is being forced to go on and there's people that've been on it several times so it can't be terrible for them.

I don't know why people get so worked up over it, if you don't like the show don't watch it.  I know I don't.

Many many people love this show. Should it be banned? No. Should it have a break? Possibly. Did this person commit suicide because of the shows actions? Hard to say but lets be clear, This person failed the lie detector so the fault lies with themself.

For me personally I don't like this kind of show. I used to watch the Springer show many many moons ago but stopped watching that after the DNA "Drugs N Alcohol" incident. It dawned on me that Jerry Springer cast his net towards the bottom of the gene pool.

I don’t know the full story of this man who failed the lie detector test and also I don’t know much about these lie detector machines, so I’m wonder how accurate these machines are?  If they are that good why are they not used in court or police interviews. 

Like big brother, they just want someone to have it of with a housemate and the novelty  has gone,

And in the jungle they want someone to peg out with a bite or choke to death, shear sensationalism! 

3 hours ago, vwkittie said:

I agree but, genuine question, why do you think people keep going on the show? 

Because bored TV addicts keep watching it.

5 hours ago, vwkittie said:

I agree but, genuine question, why do you think people keep going on the show? 

I'm not in a position to answer that because i know nothing of what problems they have experienced in their lives that create the desire to appear on that type of programme. 

21st century bear-baiting.

Already wounded people being humiliated and taunted.  Just because they agree to appear on the "show" doesn't make it right.

Shameful.

13 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I don’t know the full story of this man who failed the lie detector test and also I don’t know much about these lie detector machines, so I’m wonder how accurate these machines are?  If they are that good why are they not used in court or police interviews. 

Not very accurate at all - according to this piece in Psychology Today, you have a 50% chance of the machine saying you're guilty if you're innocent. https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-human-beast/201303/do-lie-detectors-work

15 hours ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Many many people love this show. Should it be banned? No. Should it have a break? Possibly. Did this person commit suicide because of the shows actions? Hard to say but lets be clear, This person failed the lie detector so the fault lies with themself.

For me personally I don't like this kind of show. I used to watch the Springer show many many moons ago but stopped watching that after the DNA "Drugs N Alcohol" incident. It dawned on me that Jerry Springer cast his net towards the bottom of the gene pool.

Not so - he may very well have been entirely innocent, see my link above.

15 hours ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Many people enjoy  public hangings, stoneings, and beheadings.  Do you think they should be televised for our entertainment too? 

If it was up to me Jeremy Kyle, Love Island, Big Brother, Loose Women, Strictly, would all be consigned to the scrap heap. 

Jeremy Kyle is particularly grating, with his aggressive, judgemental, sanctimonious rabble-rousing.  He has more front than Blackpool, considering how far from a paragon of virtue he is. 

46 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Not so - he may very well have been entirely innocent, see my link above.

Thats really interesting. Thank you for sharing that.

For me that puts an entirely new spin on the whole saga.

33 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Many people enjoy  public hangings, stoneings, and beheadings.  Do you think they should be televised for our entertainment too? 

You are asking the wrong person.