Jeremy Kyle Show, suspended after guest dies.

17 hours ago, vwkittie said:

I agree but, genuine question, why do you think people keep going on the show? 

I wonder if some people feel pressured into going on the show. People in relationships who are told that if they don;t go for a lie detector test then the relationship is over.

Since this man's unfortunate death a lot of people who have either been on the show, or who have worked on the show have come out & said how dreadful  & manipulative it is. That the 'aftercare' is cursory, and cover against any criticism that the show doesn't care.

I think the show should end, and frankly should've been taken off air years ago. That judge was right, it's nothing more than 'human bear baiting'.

5 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Hurray!  It's gone for good. 

Good. Hopefully there will be something more educational and interesting in the slot.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Good. Hopefully there will be something more educational and interesting in the slot.

And socially responsible. 

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Doubt it, its ITV.  Mind you the other main channels aren't much better in their daytime programming with low-brow mind numbing rubbish.

18 hours ago, vwkittie said:

I agree but, genuine question, why do you think people keep going on the show? 

For their 10 minutes of "fame".

Angel1.

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

If it was up to me Jeremy Kyle, Love Island, Big Brother, Loose Women, Strictly, would all be consigned to the scrap heap. 

Jeremy Kyle is particularly grating, with his aggressive, judgemental, sanctimonious rabble-rousing.  He has more front than Blackpool, considering how far from a paragon of virtue he is. 

Have to agree with most of that, simply bloody awful cheap to make mass produced CRAP, and I add the jungle rubbish in as well. As for the dancing show and the ice dancing show, not so sure they should be removed as they are not really like those mentioned are they. They don't appeal to me but her indoors watches them.

Angel1.

Get rid of the Kyle show and a few others, but please leave Stricktly Come Dancing alone, I love that programme.  Dancing on Ice is beginning to grow on me can’t say the same for the others.

Axed.  :clap:

19 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I don’t know the full story of this man who failed the lie detector test and also I don’t know much about these lie detector machines, so I’m wonder how accurate these machines are?  If they are that good why are they not used in court or police interviews. 

As Halibut said, they are very unreliable - which is why they are not used by UK police. They are sometimes used in the US but there it's about using the fear of being found out by the lie detector to prompt people to tell the truth.

5 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Get rid of the Kyle show and a few others, but please leave Stricktly Come Dancing alone, I love that programme.  Dancing on Ice is beginning to grow on me can’t say the same for the others.

The judges and the contestents are worse than the chavs on kyles pantomime. :roll:

There has been something on the news that MPs are going to launch an inquiry after the deaths of reality TV guests on the Kyle show.  Does that mean Kyle can be prosecuted if the inquiry goes against him?

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Axed.  :clap:

NO