Jeremy Kyle Show, suspended after guest dies.

Hopefully that's the last we'll ever see of him.

And his production team, and the ITV management that allowed the show to continue to be broadcast.,

Ah but, market forces, let the market decide .

1 hour ago, InigoMontoya said:

And his production team, and the ITV management that allowed the show to continue to be broadcast.,

Yes hopefully, because Jeremy Kyle has been exploiting vulnerable people for years and I don't understand  how he and the production team have been allowed to get away with it for so long. 

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

Yes hopefully, because Jeremy Kyle has been exploiting vulnerable people for years and I don't understand  how he and the production team have been allowed to get away with it for so long. 

Exploiting in what way?

The odd time I looked at it there was someone being dragged off shouting and screaming or lie detector results were being read out. 

Do these people who go on the show get paid to wash their dirty linen in public?

17 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The odd time I looked at it there was someone being dragged off shouting and screaming or lie detector results were being read out. 

Do these people who go on the show get paid to wash their dirty linen in public?

They get to stay in hotel paid for by the show. Nothing special, just in Manchester!

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

Exploiting in what way?

I haven't seen many of the programmes, but the ones i have seen have had  participants on that have been subjected to ridicule.

Also, Jeremy Kyle appears to encourage confrontational behavior between them. 

That is what I consider to be exploitation. 

6 hours ago, InigoMontoya said:

......and his creepy sidekick Graham.

It says in the Sun today the guy killed is self with a drug overdose a week after failing the lie detector test.

The show is around disgusting. Sometimes it seems so farfetched it's difficult to even figure out if its real or  not. They don't even attempt to hide their intentions - find a few people on the bottom end of the scale so we can point and laugh at them in a shameful attempt to make our own lives seem not so bad. 

Eventually this was bound to happen  he's one condescending bell end, imagine getting screamed at  by a prat in a suit in front of millions of people who himself has had his fair share if shameful antics 

Edited by Tomm06

His show was created as the UK version of Jerry Springer.  I watched it some years ago, and it was pretty awful. You wonder what prompts people to apply in the first place.  Everyone  knows the format by now. 

15 hours ago, janie48 said:

I haven't seen many of the programmes, but the ones i have seen have had  participants on that have been subjected to ridicule.

Also, Jeremy Kyle appears to encourage confrontational behavior between them. 

That is what I consider to be exploitation. 

I agree but, genuine question, why do you think people keep going on the show?