Urgent: bidding on E Bay, last minute tips?

Pretty skint at moment, and am highest bidder on low price for something i really need, but the item usually  goes a lot higher going by completed sales, suspect a sniper will come in at last moment, any tips,

Edited by gamezone07

Set yourself a maximum price your prepared to go to and stick to it ,all too easy to get carried away on eBay etc .put in your max bid and then see how you get on 

As rudds said wait until the last few seconds and whether you are winning or not slam in the most you are prepared to pay...if you don’t win then someone else was prepared to pay more.

if you bid earlier you generally get nibbled away so wait till the last few seconds if your connection is good

If i have already bid more than is displaying, I put in a fair bit more than the item is going for, can an automatic bid go above me?

sniper software?

Edited by gamezone07

2 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

If i have already bid more than is displaying, can an automatic bid go above me?

Depends if the automatic bid is set higher than yours, then yes I think it will out bid you. If your highest bid is set higher than the auto bids highest, then yes you will win the item. That's my thoughts on the situation.

Angel1.

won them, converse all star, new without box, 23.00 inc postage, 30p in it.

could be fakes though!

Edited by gamezone07

I can’t imagine a situation where someone really needs some Converse All star.