Under stairs storage

Hi everyone

I want to create some under stairs storage and im after some advice from either a dIY'er thats done it before or a joiner who can give me a ball park price.

im not sure if i should pay someone or do it myself, im pretty handy so it doesnt faze me but my time is limited so sometimes it makes sense to pay someone else to do it :)

see pic : https://imgur.com/a/GaQG0AV

measures approx , 2m wide , 1m depth , 2m high.

how much do you think that might cost for someone to do?

vs

how much would the raw materials cost to do it myself?

also, anything tricky you can think of that might cause me a headache.

thanks!

i had a cupboard under the stairs which originally would have been a pantry but I used it for washer, dryer, freezer. I've just converted into a downstairs cloakroom and then a separate understairs cupboard for the washer and other odds and ends. It's been time consuming but very worthwhile for older visitors. Materials haven't been a fortune and the odd bits of labour (plasterer £100, spark £100) have been very reasonable. 

I guess the only thing to be aware for yours is currently you'll be getting light through the stairs - so you might need to add extra lights to compensate.

thanks jon

wow you must have big stairs if youre fitting all those white goods underneath! :)

ours is a small space so i literally just want to box it up so we can use it to store the hoover, ironing board and other crap.

I’m having some storage done for under my stairs. Been quoted around £1500 supplied and fitted and that’s in pine 

jesus, 1500 to build a box?

i think ill do it myself 

thanks for the reply.