Potential Bus driver strike - First

dont they always strike ,when tramlines on,so theres no trams,or did the work last year?

Guest busdriver1
On 15/05/2019 at 14:55, spilldig said:

Not enough, apparently.

Having driven buses in Sheffield in the past, I can only say, they could never pay me enough to put up with the crap that bus drivers have to put up with from passengers. Any grief from the management is secondary to that.

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Having driven buses in Sheffield in the past, I can only say, they could never pay me enough to put up with the crap that bus drivers have to put up with from passengers. Any grief from the management is secondary to that.

Been a bus driver for 41 yrs. and your spot on.. only a bus driver knows what your saying.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:49, busdriver1 said:

Indeed so. You wouldn't believe the amount of ignorant tools who catch buses - and people wonder why bus drivers look miserable. Wouldn't you dealing with some of the people who catch the services day in, day out... Not to mention the amount of silly questions that are asked constantly or the fact how people now think you're the Bank of England on wheels flashing their wads of £20 notes for a £1.50 fare etc.

On 17/05/2019 at 20:49, busdriver1 said:

I did it for 19 years at Herries road and then Olive Grove.

I believe what these bus drivers are saying.  I don`t recall seeing the protective screens years ago that there are between passengers and  driver now. A person just  doing their job driving a bus and they need protection from some of their passengers-not good.

BRING BACK  the conductors at least there 2 folk to sort out the idiots,talking to a bloke a few month back and he did a parcel delivery job,but for family reasons was going back to scotland,i said what job are you going to there,he said i will be back driving buses,why did you not drive a bus in sheffield while you have been here for the last few years,he said simple,its a fiver more per hour more in scotland,thats why i did parcels here instead,true story. but i spoke to a driver from first on sat and he loves the job,so different opinions,in just 2 chats.

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, bassett one said:

BRING BACK  the conductors at least there 2 folk to sort out the idiots,talking to a bloke a few month back and he did a parcel delivery job,but for family reasons was going back to scotland,i said what job are you going to there,he said i will be back driving buses,why did you not drive a bus in sheffield while you have been here for the last few years,he said simple,its a fiver more per hour more in scotland,thats why i did parcels here instead,true story. but i spoke to a driver from first on sat and he loves the job,so different opinions,in just 2 chats.

The maths does not add up though. With SYPTE fleecing operators at every turn with a bit off the top, a bit off the side and a bit off the bottom, councils bringing in "clean air" zones that exclude the true polluters but target buses and everything that keeps the life of the city flowing, forcing bus companies to spend money they dont have to try and run a business. I would love to see both companies call their bluff and de-register their entire networks and see what they can do.

I bet the rules would be changed overnight.

On 21/05/2019 at 19:46, busdriver1 said:

The maths does not add up though. With SYPTE fleecing operators at every turn with a bit off the top, a bit off the side and a bit off the bottom, councils bringing in "clean air" zones that exclude the true polluters but target buses and everything that keeps the life of the city flowing, forcing bus companies to spend money they dont have to try and run a business. I would love to see both companies call their bluff and de-register their entire networks and see what they can do.

I bet the rules would be changed overnight.

Now that would be interesting.

So in the news there's a looming possibility that Sheffield drivers are going to go on strike due to a pay dispute. 

I'm on the fence. I get that a pay freeze isn't the best for the drivers, but then all staff are getting the same freeze, management and all, howver the company seems to be in dire straits with substantial losses last financial year and the company as a whole being floated for sale. 

Any thoughts?

its that time of the year again ,with tramlines due